Catbalogan to Calbayog
72.5 km Ultramarathon
Sunday, December 7, 2014
■ http://ultramarathon.samarunclub.org/ or
■ Solo: Php. 1,250.00
■ Relay: Php. 2,500.00
Deadline of Registration:
Friday, November 7, 2014 (No Extension)
Race Briefing and Carboloading:
■ 3:00 pm sharp | Saturday, December 6, 2014
■ EC Maria's Pizza Catbalogan City Samar, Philippine
■ Customized Race Bib w/ NFC timing chip
■ Customized Finisher Medal
■ Customized Full Subli Finisher Shirt
■ Certificate/Photo Plaques
Trophy Top 3 Men’s
Trophy Top 3 Women’s
This is a single stage 72.5km Race
- Flag-Off will be at the City Plaza Catbalogan City, 4:00AM
- Finish Line will be in Ciriaco Hotel Calbayog City (Race will end at exactly 14 hours from flag-off.
- Solo Runner must have completed (at least) 1 or more 50km distance within the last 6 months in order to qualify to enter this race.
- Relay Runner must have completed (at least) 2 or more 21km distance within the last 6 months in
CUT-OFF is at 18:00h (14 hours)
Runners who have not reached the following marks in the times specified will not be allowed to continue:
21 km at 7:30am - Brgy. Sta. Cruz, Tarangnan Samar
38.2 km at 11:00 am - Gandara, Samar
63.6 km at 4:00 pm - Santa Margarita, Samar
If you do not reach the cut-off points within the required time, you will be asked to retire from the Race and leave the road. YOU MAY NOT CONTINUE RUNNING.
RUNNERS who fail to obey the race officials will be subject to disciplinary action and may be banned from participation in the future run. Transport will be provided at all the cut-off points to take the runners back to the Finish.
3 DROP BAG ZONES:
1st Drop Bags: Kilometer 21
Catbalogan to Brgy. Santa Cruz Tarangnan, Samar
2nd Drop Bags: Kilometer 38.2
Brgy. Santa Cruz Tarangnan, Samar to Gandara, Samar
3rd Drop Bags: Kilometer 63.6
Gandara, Samar to Santa Margarita
RACE RULES (Courtesy of TransCebu Ultramarathon 105):
- RUNNERS must carry their own hydration system, e.g. water bottle, hand-held water bottles, waist belt hydration system, hydration packs, running vest and the likes.
- RUNNERS must sign a waiver of liability and declaration.
- RUNNERS must be, at all times be aware of his/her surroundings (situational awareness).
- RUNNERS must be accountable on his/her personal safety and must be flexible to handle/manage problem(s) that may arise during the race.
- RUNNERS must be able to endure/withstand possible extreme physical/mental fatigue, muscle cramps, digestive problems, and other related minor injuries.
- RACE BIB must be worn prominently, pinned or hung up on a race bib belt. It must be worn on the front of the body, unfolded for visibility at all times.
- RUNNERS may rest, stop, and/or recover during the race. BUT the race time/clock will not stop until the event ends, closes 14 hours after the flag off.
- RUNNERS must NOT run in a group (run abreast), occupying one lane on the road. RUNNERS must always run on single file, on the LEFT SIDE of the road. THIS IS NOT A CLOSED-ROAD event. RUNNERS must always obey traffic rules. RUNNERS must at all time be alert and be road courteous.
- If a RUNNER will leave the race, he/she must inform the nearest race official and note the time and location. The reason for withdrawal, race bib #, and total distance covered will be noted and must be reported to the nearest race official.
- In case of medical evacuation (emergency), transport and medical cost will be paid (borne) by the RUNNER (participant). Race Organizers are not accountable and/or liable for emergency medical evacuation.
- Functional and fully charge mobile phone. You may contact the race organizer/director, RD: 09151295682. Please save this number and contact him anytime during the race, in case of emergency.
- Hydration System. e.g. water bottle, hydration vest and the likes.
- Active and functional blinkers, reflectors, and other means for night visibility.
- Legal tender (CASH). You may carry cash at least Php. 500.00 or more.
- Light plastic disposable raincoat
- Energy Gels/Energy Bar
- Electrolytes tablet, powder, or liquid concentrate
- UV Sunblock
- Elastic bandage for emergency purposes
- Run Visor/Cap
- Extra Shoes, Running Clothes, Socks
- Shades/Sun Glasses
- First Aid Kit
- Ointments, muscle rub and the likes
- Race Director reserves the right to change the course, distance, Drop Bags station arrangement/placement and other matter pertaining to the race event and venue. the decision of the Race Director is final and is not subject to negotiation(s) and/or appeal(s). Protest to fellow runners, safety issues, timing and the likes, please contact us immediately. Report to any race official or contact the race director, RD: 09151295682.
- Most importantly, enjoy the race, respect the race course, and have fun!
CIRIACO HOTEL, RESORT & SPA
- Overnight stay for 2 persons in a Deluxe Room and 3 persons in a Superior Room
- Breakfast at Café Elsa
- Wifi access
- Swimming pool use
- Rates are valid until December 2014 only, and may change without prior notice
- Rates are inclusive of 12% VAT and other Applicable Local Government Taxes.
- Children below 12 years old are free of charge if sharing room & bed with adults.
- Maximum of two (2) children.
- Official check-in time is at 2PM and check-out time is at 12NN.
- A deposit guarantee reservation is required Five (5) days prior to arrival date.
- The hotel shall not accept post-dated or personal checks for payment.
- The Hotel shall require a written cancellation Notice and must be e-mailed and duly acknowledge by the Hotel at least Three (3) days prior to guest arrival to avoid cancellation charges.
- Cancellation made within Three (3) days prior to arrival date will be subject to a 50% charge to the amount deposited.
- For No-show, One Hundred Percent (100%) Total Forfeiture shall be charged for individual/group bookings.
- Reduction of the number of rooms or room nights done a day before the check-in date or within the date of stay shall be subject to one-night cancellation charge per room.