Runners Forum banner

St Neots ( Cambs) 1/2m 18/11/07

2K views 11 replies 2 participants last post by  Steve 
#1 ·
Entries now being taken for this event...1200 entries in all...102 already gone.
This event is always oversubscribed so get in early.
Go to www.riverside-runners.org.uk

#3 ·
GoSlow said:
Is it any good for beginners, Steve, or super fast?

Am considering a 1/2 M this autumn having well and truly caught the running bug! Was thinking of this or the GER in P'boro. What do you think?
It is an undulating course on roads that take in 2/3 villages. It is a pb course there....I got my pb there 2 in 2004.

The race is well organised and the goody bag is always good with a decent tee shirt. Plenty of changing facilities at the sports centre I understand...I'm lucky, my folks live 400yds from the start/ finish so I don't have to worry about changing/showering!!

Last year it was won in 1hr 10' 25" and there were 107 runners who did it in less than 90 mins. There were though 902 finishers, 220 of whom took over 2 hours. There is a time limit of 2.5hours but last year 22 finished past the cut off time and the last person home finished in 2hrs 53' 18"

Give it go!!

#4 ·
'scuse my ignorance, but what does "undulating" mean? Up and down a bit?

Might wait until a bit nearer the time if there is a cut off time of 2.5 hours as not sure if I will be able to build speed and endurance enough by then to do that. Currently doing 12-13 minute miles.

I did look at the reviews on Runners World and seems like a nicer course than the Pboro one which by all accounts just goes thru a load of housing estates!

#5 ·
That's what it means alright.

Don't wait too long as entries go fast. I'm sure you'll be able to get to 11min miles by November.

The race has had a lot of good reviews over the past few years and was voted one of the top 50 races in the country a couple of years back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.