Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm co-planning a stag do for Jan 08, about 3 weeks before the deed is done. Skiing already been vetoed by the one that wears the trousers to be (TOTWTTTB). Also we are past the age of simply slugging the ales all day. A structured weekend do is required or else it'll be carnage.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Structured weekend in Latvia - even get a stripper to pick you up from the airport in a Limo :d

Can't knock that sort of service.

·
Registered
68 Posts
A friend of mine did the skiing thing for his stag do and said it was excellent. On the other hand, one of the guys that went along ended up with a broken ankle! (not that I want to scare you)! I'd suggest something safe so that you know you'll be fit and well for the big day. Perhaps a european weekend away to watch a football match? You can still drink without having to get drunk right? As granty said... you can have a stripper pick you up from the airport!!!

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
If your keen on travelling abroad,Barcelona perhaps,Jan temperatures won't be as bad as travelling to the east,Prague etc.
It's on the coast,so you can take your speedo's!
cheap flights readilly available,
obviously the football,Are they back from their winter break at the time you go?
if not a stadium tour perhaps,It was a good way to spend a couple of hours when I went not so long ago.
Numerous bars/restaurants (and clubs;) )
to cater for anyone in a large party.
cheap compared to here.
just a couple of hours away.

Or one of the vibrant cities we have Steve.:d
plenty to choose from.
Steer clear of the south and west though,you might bump in to one of your fellow forumites.Bagpuss for the evening entertainment as she is pink and white stripped.:embarrassed:

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for ideas guys and gals.

Golf a non goer... it was my stag do so don't want to repeat....otherwise would be the thing to do for sure.

Latvia....apart from the stripper...what is there to do there, any ideas?

Football/6 Nations ...maybe both if dates fall right might be favourite choice...England are in Italy in 6 Nations next year.

Barce would be good but we've only recently been there...great place as you say HF

Anyone done anything motor sport related on a weekend away?

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Oh sorry didn't I mention there is a stripper per villa, silly TT ;)

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
I had 2 days on the pi$$ in London.A short train journey away and all we needed was there.

And it was the Thursday and Friday before the wedding.A real stag do,not one where you have 2 weeks to recover for the big day.....................:d

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
I agree Dave.London's a great place for a weekend,something for everyone and on any budget.It's a shame that it seems to be frequently overlooked for this kind of weekend.
You don't have to be in central London to benefit either.
The east end for pubs,Brick lane curry,cheaper hotels but still close enough to be in the thick of it within 1/2 hr to have a look about during the day.
All mainline stations are a stonesthrow from the action and most have good budget hotels close by.
River cruises are quite reasonable with good food day or night or perhaps one of the anchored party boats.
No language barriers either.
The licensed taxi drivers(black cabs) will get you around for a very reasonable rate.;)

Steer clear of those minicabs!:eek:

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree about London and it may be in the final mix.....groom to be is a Spurs fan so we're thinking of getting a box at the Emirates!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As a Hammer one has to get used to losing and relegation battles..it goes with the territory.
But.....when there's no passion that's a different story. Mercenaries are ruining the game as a whole...most premiership players don't give a stuff who they play for as long as they get their £50k a week for strolling about on the park once or twice a week.
I watch less footie these days than when it used to be MOD only.

What's going on down there? Lord knows....Eggman and Curbs certainly don't!
Still I'll get the chance to watch them lose to Tractor Boys and Delia's mob next year!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Don`t talk to him Steve....................

·
Registered
231 Posts
Steve said:
Anyone done anything motor sport related on a weekend away?
Now that you ask - yes - I arranged my brother's stag do (I was his 'best man') - and arranged an afternoon of go-kart racing for all of us - followed by an evening out.

It was an absolute winner.

And go kart racing tracks are all around the country, but need to be booked well in advance. You could mix that quite well with a night out in London.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts