Runners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

My reason for posting tonight is to make a promise to myself, my family and friends and all here on the forum.

I have not been out for a run since my failed attempt at the Standalone 10k on the 1st of October.

So:- I hereby promise to go out and buy a winter running top and commit to running three times a week, I will not let unessential things get in the way. I will start from the beginning again.

Wish me luck......;)

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
If I can do it Mick,anybody can.

Just dont push it too hard at first.

Your family also need to be positive about your running.

Theres nothing worse than the "your not going out running again are you" attitude to make it hard for you.

Good luck...........

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a friend in Lowestoft that I really must go and visit, whats the beach there like for running on????? never been there before.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
It's a Blue Flag beach but not very long though you can run off and on through to Kessingland or go the other way and run off/on the beach towards Gt Yarmouth and beyond.

If you come over let me know and we could always meet up for a run with a couple of other LRR members.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, thanks for the invite Steve, I hope to take you up on that sometime next year if you can bear with a 5k runner female runner.
Unfortunatly the problem that made me quit at my attempted 10k in October is still haunting me. The virus I had didn't go away, instead it has caused many problems including Tinnitus and now Labyrinthitis. Due to this latest problem I keep getting dizzy spells causing the doctor to advise me to walk until the medication has kicked in.
Still at least I can still go shopping and look at the winter running gear in the shop's, retail therapy is all a girl needs, NOT, I need some decent exercise.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
No problem...the sister-in-law doesn't do much more than 3-4 miles at 10min miling at best and there are other ladies too.

It's a shame about your health issues but hopefully with time the medication will kick in and you'll be able to fly round a 10k next year!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well it all starts again on Monday morning. All kit is in place and trainers De-stinked, will be even better when I get my RF tops too.
I have been out for some walks this week and even managed to get my other half to up the pace to a jog at times.
I think this (long) rest has done me good, I'm re-focused and ready to go.
Monday morning here I come.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
I think your right about a good rest being good for you Mickeygee. Although the only time most of us take one is when we are forced too.

Good luck on your return.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
I'm in the middle of a break too though I am still doing my club runs twice a week.
If I don't get a FLM club place I'll continue my break right through to the new year...even the 2 races I have planned will be taken easy.

Not rush back in Mickeygee...take it easy at first.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts