Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

I'm Andrew and I'm new to running...at 37. It got started when my old office signed me up for a 10k race two years ago and it's sort of snowballed from there.

I'm an American based in Stockholm, where I am self-employed. I've lived here for 10 years now -- unbelievable! I started looking around for a good English speaking running forum in Europe when I took the plunge and decided to train for my first marathon (Reykjavik marathon, August 23). And guess what? Runners Forum won (you lucky dogs)!

It seems like marathoning is not only a great phys/mental challenge, but also a great excuse to go on holiday (I see people from the forums headed for Berlin, Loch Ness, Amsterdam, etc!)

Pretty sure I'm hooked on running now. I'm sure to have all sorts of silly questions.

:A)>

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Welcome .... silly questions ( and generally they are not silly anyway) are the preferred variety I'm sure!!

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
ah... i do like stockholm.. keep meaning to go back for another visit.

always tempted by stockholm marathon.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Welcome to RF.

Ask away, you might even get a silly answer and then immediately followed by the right answer of course :lol:

TT

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Two responses to this:

Option A: there is no such thing as a silly question, you can be sure there are other people too embarrassed to ask it.

Option B: silly questions enable us to get off topic faster and as such are good things.
:d Welcome

1 - 5 of 5 Posts