Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

I was hoping you could help with a problem I have. I have just started running 1.5 mile everyday since last week but everytime i finish, my stomach feels soo painful and 9 times out of 10 im sick. After a few minutes, or after being sick i feel perfectly fine. I dont feel any pain during the run, only when i stop. I'm doing the 1.5mile in 11.35 so it aint as if im going that fast.

Thanks for any help
kirst xx

·
Registered
244 Posts
lil - 11.35 for 1.5 miles isn't slow by any means, particularly for starting off. Try dropping the pace a little bit to see if you stop being sick, if this doesn't work then try something else.

It's hard to say what could be causing it, trial and error of changing different variables to see if it stops you from being sick I'm afraid

·
Registered
419 Posts
Agree with Hammerite - sub 8 minute miling is definitely not slow! It's much faster than my training speed!

Try what H says - slowing down.

Also it might be worth:
  • trying experimenting with different food and drink strategies - are you eating/drinking anything before and after your run?
  • trying a slow warm up walk/jog (3 minutes) and cool down walk/jog (3 minutes) before and after the run
Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank u for the help folks :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts