Runners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was cold, raining, windy and dark. Wolfmother was the first song on the Ipod the dog was excited. It was a 4 mile route of mixed road and trail. 29 minutes later after almost twisting my ankle twice and being soaked from the inside out and the outside in I stepped back inside my house after grinning like a maniac for the whole route.

My first run since the operation on my nose almost 3 weeks ago. I felt great throughout. Bring on tomorrow!

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did said Story not an enthraling epic about ones man struggle to regain fitness in the face of adversity.

I deliberately didn't over hype the title. I mean I didn't want to leave a cliffhanger ending as it would be fairly obvious that i made it home in one piece owning to the fact i was able to type the thread in the first place not something that is easy to do posthumously!

·
Registered
664 Posts
It was cold, raining, windy and dark. Wolfmother was the first song on the Ipod the dog was excited. It was a 4 mile route of mixed road and trail. 29 minutes later after almost twisting my ankle twice and being soaked from the inside out and the outside in I stepped back inside my house after grinning like a maniac for the whole route.

My first run since the operation on my nose almost 3 weeks ago. I felt great throughout. Bring on tomorrow!
I like your dog's taste.

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It did feel like every gram of refined suger I have eaten for the past three weeks was rushing straight to my legs.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Good to see your back out there Scott.

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Planning to get out again today too. Found a great route while walking the dogs last week, tricky underfoot in some places but should be good.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
I found the first run I did after my nose op absolutely draining... I only left it 2 weeks though and I could feel my nose throbbing from the increased bloodflow... after 3 weeks it was back to normal (allbeit lacking some fitness!). Glad to hear it went so well Squint! :d

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've never really been totally idle in my time off (though my post rate my beg to differ).

Been doing a bit of walking with the dog cutting grass etc just doing things a bit slower and easier than normal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts