Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the oddest way you've been injured?

On Saturday I was running on my treadmill at home watching Football Focus, gradually increasing the speed, when I heard a loud crash and then felt a heavy thud into my right shin. Fortunately I was able to maintain control and keep running so didn't suffer a bad injury just a bump and large graze. I looked behind me and saw my coolbox laying on its side at the back of the treadmill. It was then I remembered that I had put my coolbox onto the front of the machine ( not the running track obviously) a few days earlier when tidying up. The vibrations of my running and getting faster had caused the coolbox to move from the front of the machine and fly towards me at a rate of knots causing said injury.
The question is, how on earth didn't I see it before I started running?!:embarrassed:

·
Registered
813 Posts
The most recent odd injury was last night at my Mum's! Her downstairs loo has a step down into it, at the same time as leaning forward to reach the light pull.

Last night I went in there, went to step down and lunged forward in the darkness, bending my foot/toes back and twisting my ankle!.....she had left the b* hoover (which doesn't normally live in there) thrown just inside the door to hide it away!

She then made a real fuss coz I had broken the light pull cord!.... she asked when my next race was, so I said 3 weeks time....'oh well, you won't need to run until then will you?'

very cross Bagpuss with very sore foot!!!

·
Registered
813 Posts
I'm coping....you know like we women do!!!!

Its not as bad as when I fell over on my rollerskates carrying two milk bottles when I was five!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eating lots of chocolate you mean!

Doesn't count as a running injury though.....come to think of it nor did your trip last night so you're disqualified from this thread!!!!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhhhh...............but the question was 'what is the oddest way you have been injured?'........so as usual my mind went into overdrive!

Perhaps we should stick to running injuries otherwise all those 'odd injuries' they have listed in casualty departments will be mentioned!!!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Steve said:
What is the oddest way you've been injured?

On Saturday I was running on my treadmill at home watching Football Focus, gradually increasing the speed, when I heard a loud crash and then felt a heavy thud into my right shin. Fortunately I was able to maintain control and keep running so didn't suffer a bad injury just a bump and large graze. I looked behind me and saw my coolbox laying on its side at the back of the treadmill. It was then I remembered that I had put my coolbox onto the front of the machine ( not the running track obviously) a few days earlier when tidying up. The vibrations of my running and getting faster had caused the coolbox to move from the front of the machine and fly towards me at a rate of knots causing said injury.
The question is, how on earth didn't I see it before I started running?!:embarrassed:
I do of course mean injuries when running.

Keep [email protected] out of it indeed Lyn.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Think I'd better keep quiet (for once). But, it was an article that appeared in Private Eye many years ago. If I remember correctly it featured a man in a bath robe with lacerations, due to a sort of hand held hoover thing that had apparently 'gone astray'.

Appologies, I am not suggesting you could be involved in any such activity!

Anyway, back to running injuries................

1 - 11 of 11 Posts