Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a recurring pain in my fourth toe (next to the little toe) on my right foot. It is really an ache and usually occurs after I have been running for some 5 miles, it will then last for a few miles and then disappear. If I lift my toe up ( when the pain occurs ) the pain eases and also (which seems rather strange) it occurs more frequently when I am trying to run in (excuse pun!) a new pair of shoes which I am at the moment. Some 18 months ago I hit this toe against a metal stand, it hurt but did not break or bruise. The pain does not occur in my normal day but only after running for a number of miles, I have examined and pressed on the toe and there would appear to be a little ache in the area of the metatarsol, although I do not think this is the prob. The toe looks normal no swelling etc....has anyone suffered a similar problem and can suggest a remedy :(

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
So the pain is in a part of your toe which you injured previously? Could be that you put a tiny fracture in it, or did something nasty to a tendon of some sort. Might be worth checking it over with a GP if so

1 - 3 of 3 Posts