Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone doing the upcoming stratford half marathon? I've never done stratford before. Anyone know whether it's a quick course. Im setting up a website soon to raise money for nspcc when i do the great north run. The money donated on line will go straight to the NSPCC so if I put the website address on here do u think anyone will sponsor me?

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Ooooh oooooh oooooh!! Stratford!!! that's me!!! lol.

Sorry for the excitement - people often post questions about races, and it's never a race that I've done or am doing. But yes, I'll be running teh Shakespeare Half Marathon in 3 weeks time (or rather 20 days).

Stratford's a fairly flat course, with only 2 hills really to bare in mind, one at 4 miles, and another (bigger one) at 7-8 miles, both have a descent immediately after (the 8 mile descent is particularly harsh). The course has fairly decent PB potential :)

With regards to the sponsorhsip - feel free to post the link, you may get some sponsorship, you may not... as you can imagine a lot of members on this forum run for charities from time to time and everyone would become bankrupt if everyone sponsored everyone else! lol. But it won't take you a second to post a link, so worth doing ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts