Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been to the hospital for an MRI this week and just received the results today - stress fractures in both tibias - can't believe it.

I've been experiencing pain since the marathon in September and took 6 weeks off from running up until Christmas, did two X-country races in December, experienced pain again, took another 6 weeks off and did another race at end of February - you guessed it - pain again and hobbling around for days afterwards. Decided it was time to do to docs and as I say had an MRI last week.

This was completely my own fault - running 20 miles the week after a marathon was not a good idea. So I would say to everyone be very careful and listen to your body, I'm bloody miserable now especially since I now can't run the Reading Half Marathon on Sunday and have to comsole myself with sitting in the stands at the Madeskji Stadium watching the end of the race.

I've been told not to do anything (lower body wise) for 12 weeks. Miserable.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
sorry to hear that Cheryl, you must be so distraught not being able to run, hope things start to get better soon.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Cheryl,
Sympathies I've been having shin troubles and I've had to cut back on training because of the risk of stress fractures - you must feel very frustrated.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Gosh Cheryl, that sounds awful. I hope you're not in too much pain and fingers crossed for a speedy recovery for you.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Much sympathy Cheryl. reading a number of posts on here re injuries I can't help but think how lucky I've been. Took up running jan 2006 and apart from a few niggles in the early days I've had no problems at all. take the medical advice and don't try anything too soon. hope all goes well eventually.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts