Runners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK....this is a little personal....but....does anyone know a good remedy for stretch marks on the boobs and bum? I used to have more meat here, but now it's gone I have these nasty stretch marks - and they're now the whitest partsof my body after being on a camping trip on the beach!! However, no one gets to see these as I'm newly single single single! :embarrassed:

·
Registered
943 Posts
I got my stretch marks when I was at school, so now they've faded (luckily my skin is deathly white). Got them from the knee all the way up to the bottom of my back, but luckily not on my upper body.

You can get creams in Superdrug etc which pregnant women use to prevent stretch marks - try using that preventatively, but I'm not sure what you can do about them once you've got them. Might be something out there to reduce the redness? Might be worth asking at the pharmacy counter at Boots etc - they're usually pretty clued up!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Ach we all have them, I've lots. Not much I can do about it, once there they are there forever. Just have to leart to accept tham as part of you.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
littlered said:
Ach we all have them, I've lots. Not much I can do about it, once there they are there forever. Just have to leart to accept tham as part of you.

I don't have any... and I had 3 children weighing between 9lb 8oz and 10lb 4oz :confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
No woman should be ashamed of stretch marks. They're a part of childbirth and should be cherished as much as the photo album !!.

That said, I'm a fella who's never had to contend with passing a bowling bowl or running with two handfulls of myself stuffed up my jumper.

My wife was scared from a cycle accident as a child and she hides her heavy scars with Bio Oil too. It's about as good as it get short of surgery as far as I know.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
I've got stretch marks at the tops of my thighs, and I've not given birth :p

I've also heard Bio Oil is supposed to be VERY good, never used it though!

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Yip, Ive got stretch marks as well, never given birth but did have quite a belly on me when I was at uni, this is now going away though thanks to this sport we all love and enjoy :)

O.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Owain said:
Yip, Ive got stretch marks as well, never given birth but did have quite a belly on me when I was at uni, this is now going away though thanks to this sport we all love and enjoy :)

O.
Enjoy????. Surely not.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I havn't got any stretch marks ..... despite having 2 children! I just smothered myself in cocoa butter for the whole nine months ... seems to have worked! :p My daughter had her appendix out when she was 9 and is using Bio Oil to reduce the scarring and it really does appear to be working ... I'd certainly recommend giving it a go.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Im getting some nasty ones under my right bicep....only my right for some reason....

.............and dont go there before you start. lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts