Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know stretching after a run is paramount for staving of injuries etc., but unfortunately its something I can't quite get to grips with. (no pun intended).

I tend to struggle with the what's and the how longs and my attempts generally end up being a bit haphazard.

Can anyone recommend a good step-by-step idiots guide to a good post run stretching workout, that would help a novice along?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
133 Posts
To be honest with you I am really bad at stretching after sport, I've never really done it. I come in from a run and put on a tracksuit and then I do exercise on my gymball. I don't think that can be classed as stretching really.

Hope you find what you are looking for. Have you tried googling warm down exercises? See if that throws anything up for you.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Skipping rope warm ups

Hi,

I recently attended a Pilates class and the teacher said that a very good way to warm up before stretching exercises was use a skipping rope for a few minutes to warm the body up .

So there you go guys and gals.

SKIPPING IS THE KEY........................:cool:

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Loved skipping as a lass, that where you get 2 holding the ends and someone jumping in the middle. Them were the days :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hmmm,
You could do that I suppose but..................

I am suprised how difficult it is to skip for any length of time.

I would challenge anyone to try for 5 minutes........i couldn`t even manage 2.

I amm going to try to include that in my training as it is a general fitness nuggett........

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
You are right though skipping is supposed to be good to get you fit that's why the boxers do it. See how you go on with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts