Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh dear, Im starting to feel as if all my hard work the past 4 weeks has been in vain. I had a friend to stay for the weekend and we all know its been really hot too. I havent been out jogging since last Wednesday and have been eating a bit more too, I was shocked to find this morning I've gained 4lb over the weekend! I feel sluggish and really want to go out jogging tonight but I'm worried about the heat! argh!

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
If you want to go out, make sure your hydrated enough, take water with you and just take it easy. A slow jog / walk is better than sitting in front of the telly :)

O.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
I guess you're in the same boat as most...but don't worry about it...go out for your run a bit later than nrmal..when it has cooled a bit...if you can...or get up early tomorrow and run then.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
don't worry yourself over 4lb... my weight can vary by 4lb from one day to the next depending on how hydrated I am, what I've been eating etc. No idea if it's normal, but i'm still alive so it can't be that bad ;)

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
without being crude you can hold that much and some in "number 2's" if you get my meaning ;)

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess you're all right I'm just being a bit sensitive. I was used to seeing the scales going the right way over the past few weeks so was a bit miffed when I stood on them this morning!

I usually go for my jog around 7pm so tonight I think I'll wait another 30-40 mins. I really want to go (have been itching too all weekend)

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
it is supposed to rain later so might be better than you think :d

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it is supposed to rain later so might be better than you think :d
I hope it does! its getting cloudy here though the heat is persisting. I thought I was going to be sick at one point today as it was so hot. I've never coped well with hot weather, that comes from growing up in a house with no central heating!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I ran at 7:30 this morning - thought it would be cool because it was misty when I iset off, but God it was humid. I was sweating like a virgin in a brothel! :)

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ran at 7:30 this morning - thought it would be cool because it was misty when I iset off, but God it was humid. I was sweating like a virgin in a brothel! :)
LOL I know, I woke up at 6am today as it was so damn hot. I always prefer jogging/walking in the late evening during warm spells. Never been running during a hot spell like this though, fingers cross I dont melt!

·
Registered
378 Posts
I have decided that the people on this forum are completely barmy. :p

Myself included.

Back on topic.
I slept with my windows open and my fan on full blast. Still too hot!

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
recovering alcoholic in a brewery? nah.. that just doesn't have the same impact... I think you did pretty well!!! I can certainly think of a few offensive ones that come to mind *chuckles to self*

I had windows open last night... bedroom windows open, blinds open to maximise airflow... doors open upstairs with bathroom and study windows open too to encourage airflow through the house. Didn't use the duvet and I was still too bloody hot! :(

1 - 20 of 37 Posts