Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my local big one, I wont be running of course but will be there at the start on Sunday to cheer the runners on, anyone here going to be there?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What, me run 13 miles?! I can just about jog 1.5 at the moment!

Hmmmmm maybe something to consider.....

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
What, me run 13 miles?! I can just about jog 1.5 at the moment!

Hmmmmm maybe something to consider.....
All you have to do is put one foot in front of the other and repeat lots of times. Go for it. It's not that much more than 1.5 miles. 8.73 times the distance you can run already. Stop being a baby and just go for it ;)

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
All you have to do is put one foot in front of the other and repeat lots of times. Go for it. It's not that much more than 1.5 miles. 8.73 times the distance you can run already. Stop being a baby and just go for it ;)
:d Blunt, but it makes the point.

When I started I ran ten minutes at the end I would see if if could keep going for another ten. In small chunks it is easier and you have a year to prepare. It is not to far from me, so you might just see me there at this rate.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Stop being a baby and just go for it ;)
You're having a laugh, I'm not even going to consider something like that until I'm fit enough which wont be for a while yet, I'm still suffering with a painful thigh after a spinning class on Thursday so I know what happens when I push myself. I'll be the one who decides I should do this or not thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts