Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am attempting my first marathon in Nottingham / Robin Hood / Anyone heading for sub 2 half / sub 4 full marathon?

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
good luck with the marathon, how is the training going?

I did the half last year, very good event I enjoyed it :d

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
I don't think so, if I remember rightly I think it bottle necks in a few places, I just did it for training, it was testing in places too.

One of the best medals I have got is from Nottingham, my pb medal is shockingly poor ha ha

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi,i noticed your pb for 1/2 marathon is 1hr 54,depending on how you felt with that,you really need to get that time down before attempting to beat 4 hrs for twice the distance. When is the Nottingham Marathon ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Should have been quicker on Sunday - I will aim for 4 hours and see what happens.
Depends if we have a late heatwave in Sept.
Back on form Wed and did 6 @7:30 pace.
So I will keep to a conservative pace and see what it is looking like after the first half!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi,

I'm planning on the robin hood as well..

I'm going out to do 20 miles today, hoping the weather holds out. Done the half a few times, good course, my best on that is 1:46.. not long left to train now.. thank god. not enjoying the long runs :D

oh and it's Sept 14th Beachy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi,

I'm planning on the robin hood as well..

I'm going out to do 20 miles today, hoping the weather holds out. Done the half a few times, good course, my best on that is 1:46.. not long left to train now.. thank god. not enjoying the long runs :D

oh and it's Sept 14th Beachy
not doing the ERHM any more.. any recommendations for a full anyone?

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
That's a shame...pick up an injury?

When are you looking to do a marathon now then?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm considering the Leics marathon on the 19th Oct. Couldn't do the Nottm for a couple of reasons but nothing training related.

Thing is i'm having a dental implant on the 3rd (fri) which will put me out of action for a couple of days I think, certainly for a long run, so this weekend is out for that.. I did 21 miles yesterday so a little worried for that run i might not get another long run in before the big day.. assuming i shouldnt be doing another long haul a week before the 19th (11th/12th)?

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
you could always pull your long run forwards (or pull it back) and sacrifice another run - just because your schedule has it's long run on a Sat or Sun, it doesn't mean it has to be ;)

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I'm considering the Leics marathon on the 19th Oct. Couldn't do the Nottm for a couple of reasons but nothing training related.

Thing is i'm having a dental implant on the 3rd (fri) which will put me out of action for a couple of days I think, certainly for a long run, so this weekend is out for that.. I did 21 miles yesterday so a little worried for that run i might not get another long run in before the big day.. assuming i shouldnt be doing another long haul a week before the 19th (11th/12th)?
if you did 21 yesterday then you don't need another long run... you always benefit from your longest run 3 weeks after, which is why schedules put the longest one in at that stage. Don't worry about next weekend. I would just try and get out for a 12 to 15 sometime during the following week if you feel well enough. And taper from there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
you could always pull your long run forwards (or pull it back) and sacrifice another run - just because your schedule has it's long run on a Sat or Sun, it doesn't mean it has to be ;)
well it sounds like a plan but i get home pretty late in the week so that would mean running till maybe 10pm. I ended up on antibiotics for almost 2 weeks which.. well lets just say they didn't affect my intestinal tract in a positive way :( and leave it at that.. so in my taper i've managed 2 x 8 mile runs and a quick 5 miler.. (which made me realise running on anti's made me feel awful)

i'm revved up though so that's a good thing. can't believe i'm looking forward to it now, been dreading it for the last week (those 21 mile runs are hard)..

i'll be sure to pop back and post my time. if it's inside 4hrs i'll be chuffed after all the disruption to my training, original aim was to beat 3.45 but i think that's optimistic now

·
Registered
2 Posts
Calling All Participants Of The Experian Robin Hood Festival Of Running 2009!

For all of you who are looking for an additional challenge this year then why not run the marathon, half marathon or fun run and raise money for Diabetes UK at the same time?

There is no minimum sponsorship amount and all runners will receive a marathon pack which includes a running vest, fundraising information and sponsorship forms.

For more information or to request a marathon pack contact Dawn Mallender on 0115 9507147 or email [email protected]

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
or for another extra challenge you could do it holding a chorizo between your buttocks...

·
Registered
14 Posts
robin is on the cards for this year.. i'm thinking pb half, going to aim for sub 1:40

any tips? should i concentrate on 13 miles and less or will doing longer than 13 help?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello,

I'm no expert but I don't think you should have to run longer than the actual race distance. Check out the training schedules on the robin hood site - they are normally pretty good and are written by experienced runners. I did the half last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is well organised with a lot of support on the way round.

pav1971.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts