00:42:19 - Trinity (Apr '07)
00:43:37 - Obigone (Jun '07)
00:46:22 - Dave (Nov '07)
00:46:58 - mini_chris (Jun '08)
00:47:27 - jammidodgr (Apr '08)
00:52:30 - Twinkle toes (July '07)
00:53:30 - kiwifruit

>>Post your best time below to be added to the league :cool:<<
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi everyone, i'm gonna start this thread hoping lots of others will join in...
the idea is for us 'mid-packers' who are aiming for a sub-40 10K this year to post our current best times and help each other break the 40 minute barrier.

Hopefully, working as a group we can use all our combined experience to help and motivate the others who join the thread.

I'd suggest posting a brief history of your running along with your current best time, training regime and also add your planned races.

It'd be nice if all the forum members 'best times' could be shown, maybe at the start of the thread, and this could form a 'league table' for added motivation. Anyone know how to do this? EDIT: Now done (see above)

ok i'll start off.

aged : 40

history : i've been running on and off for 20 years but consider myself a more proficient cyclist than runner.
been running again for 6 months (had a year off through injury)

training : 20-30m/week (1 hilly x-c, 1 steady road, 1 short road with pick-ups)
i also cycle 50-100m/week which includes a turbo interval session.
i do very little low end stuff, mainly threshold runs and intervals

best 10k time 39min in 2001

planned 10K races :
Derby 10K (this sunday 20th April) hoping for sub 40 but may be a bit optimistic
Elvaston 10K (1st June)
Darley Abbey 10K (4th July)

ok that'll do for now...feel free to join the thread

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Hi Karlos... I've just managed to break the 40min barrier (by a few mins!) in my last 10k race... but in terms of having a league table - moderators have the ability to edit any posts - so if people wanted such a 'league table' it'd be easy enough to have people post their times then forum moderators can edit the original post to add the times to a table.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Good thinking!

Would take a great deal of effort for me to get sub 40 but I'll have a go...got 3 10ks planned...all the same course and where I got my current pb last year....the Broome series that takes place throughout the summer...first one 4/6 I think.

Also plan to do Martlesham 10k in October.

Training though will not really be 10k specific....got 3 5m races over next 6 weeks and other than those will be marathon training for race in July.

PB AT THE MOMENT IS 42' 14"

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
richardsimkiss said:
Hi Karlos... I've just managed to break the 40min barrier (by a few mins!) in my last 10k race... but in terms of having a league table - moderators have the ability to edit any posts - so if people wanted such a 'league table' it'd be easy enough to have people post their times then forum moderators can edit the original post to add the times to a table.

Set it up then Richard!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Great idea Karlos,

Only problem is, I'd need to be chased by a severely pissed off Rottweiler to even consider running that fast.

Maybe next year...

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
PMSL @ Slowsteve

Rottweiler no BIG HUGE furry bee yes

I would never get that time probably not even riding a bike lol

my first 10k was a nightmare New Years Day and a stomach full of christmas dinner and eve etc.... and i had cold.

I am hoping just to knock some time off mine, just hope i feel better soon to be able to push myself again... headaches dont do me any favours, been pescribed beta blockers now :( but too scared to try them.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Thought I'd join in:
PB is 31.29 from Bourton 10km a couple of months ago (Feb 08)
Aged 28, been running properly for about 7-8 years, mainly a steeplechaser on the track but seem to be moving more towards 5km and 10km on the roads

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
sensible said:
Thought I'd join in:
PB is 31.29 from Bourton 10km a couple of months ago (Feb 08)
Aged 28, been running properly for about 7-8 years, mainly a steeplechaser on the track but seem to be moving more towards 5km and 10km on the roads
AWESOME time sensible... I must've seen you at the finish (though completely unaware you were a forumite) - I was handing out flyers for the race photography.

That was a bloody quick race - Dan Robinson was absolutely flying! Didn't he manage something around 29:30? Not often you run a 31:29 10k and not be in the top 3!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Thanks - I think Dan R clocked 29.21!! Finished 6th and normally I'd be bothered by that but on the day it was all about the time.
Seem to remember being given a flyer but forgive me for not acknowledging you, was a wee bit knackered at the end. I'm the owner of the running shop that was there so say hello if you come back next year?

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Time on here......Waste........Surely not..........:p

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Yeah I noticed Dan was a member on the forum, I had a look back at some of his old posts leading up to FLM I think...

Sensible - I'm not great at recognising people at the best of times - so to not recognise the face of someone you've never met before having just ran a bloody quick 10k is quite understanding. lol. I'll certainly say 'ello if i'm there next year - though hopefully I'll be running it instead :d

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hot foot said:
Karlos, Are you related to the great Marco?
nah no relation, i'm a cyclist in another life and marco was my hero....:(

thanks for sorting the table out richard...looks good

fantastic time Sensible but surely you should start a 'sub 30' thread ;), danger is that you'd be the only one on it though...:rolleyes:

anybody else doing the Derby 10K this sunday? its my first proper 10K race for 7 odd years so i'm slightly nervous/excited :eek:

i'll post the time on monday...fingers crossed i'm gonna break 40 at 40

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
52:30 got some serious work to do :eek:

LOL Slowsteve I will need a pack of rottweilers with a steak tied to my a£$£:d

1 - 20 of 111 Posts