Runners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being out of action sucks.

Why is it always that when you can't do something you want to do it even more.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I know what you mean; I hurt my achilles last week and I've responded by buying two running magazines, buying a new pair of trainers, nearly buying trail running shoes and spending most of my time on here, I haven't been able to go running properly for 6 months and I'm suffering severe withdrawal. :((

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yer telling me! I'm tearing the walls down!:mad:
Even my wife has gone out to escape my despair!!:worried:
My Mate(?) even came round tonight for an indian, and he told me about his 9 mile run today! AAAARRRGGGHHHH!:nuts:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Squint

Totally agree. While out of action I was getting aggrevated seeing others running, especially when I was walking the dog. Sometimes I felt like shouting to them 'Hey I can run too but have a sore leg'

:lol:

Cheers

Gary

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Well, I'm voluntarily going to take 3 days off running, maybe longer. This morning I just couldn't be bothered, and I have a drinks thing tomorrow after work, and Tuesday might have to work late. I think I need the rest and hopefully will start again on Wednesday a lot stronger and rejuvinated. I haven't taken more than a day or two break for a long time, so I think I've earned it.

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sounds like someone needs some tough love......
Bring it on.

Far from sitting round doing nothing though I was out for a 10 mile walk this moring with the dog and will be going further afield on Wednesday and Thursday.

Op went very well thanks no external sign of it so I am still drop dead gorgeous. Sound like I've got a bad cold though. Signed off for two more weeks this morning too so looks like I'll have plenty of time to myself thinking about getting tough love from Lizzie.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts