Runners Forum banner

Suffolk Runners!

6K views 49 replies 11 participants last post by  Steve 
#1 ·
Are there any runners here from Suffolk? Would be very interested to know, it seems like no one here is from Suffolk!

I run for the Shufflers in Woodbridge, anyone going to take part in the Fenn Wright Winter Cross Country League this coming season?

#2 ·
Hi Nick,

I'm a Lowestoft Road Runner. I "captain" our club's cross country team and we take part in the Suffolk County Cross County League. I've not had any info on it as yet this year so wonder if it's the same league to which you refer.

#5 ·
Good luck to all of those running the Framlingham 10k on Sunday! Unfortunately I have a prior engagement which means I'll be missing out, I'm really annoyed about that, but hopefully I'll be around for a couple of cross countries this season.

#6 ·
I'm missing it too...got a 40th birthday bash in London to go to. It's a good event though so best of luck to all.

Anyone out there doing The Lowestoft Scores on 10/9/06? Short...4.75m...but not at all sweet with its ups and downs and 409 steps!

#8 · (Edited)
It's organised by Waveney Valley AC. Last date for entries is 7/9 but I think you can enter on the day for a supplement. Go to www.waveneyvalley.org for an entry form. You can't enter online though.

Race starts at 12noon from Lowestoft Old Town and finishes in the Triangle, which is near the start. Plenty of pay and display parking about.

Normally lots of support once you actually start running up and down The Scores....Joe Public seems to like watching runners struggle up steps!

Links Hill starts the climbs off after you've done a downhill run to the sea front wall ( not the seaside promenade) and run along the wall for a mile or so. Best tactic is to do your best to get a position before Links Hill unless you are particularly good at climbing hills and running up and down steps.

Maybe see you there.

#9 ·
I'll give it a think, wouldn't be expecting a fab time, I'm really poor at hills (not many around Suffolk after all) and steps are horrible to run up. Mind you, I don't like snubbing challenges and its my last chance to race in Suffolk for the next four months. *ponders*

#10 ·
There were 15 LRR out on the Scores course training for the race last night and only 6 from the club that are organising the race!

It was very muggy and I did a steady run, after running approx 2 miles to the course, getting round in 36'01". With any luck it'll be cooler Sunday...it needs to be to give me a chance of getting close to my PB of 34'19" set 7 years ago.

Still pondering Nick?

#14 ·
Went very well despite sun and lack of any breeze along the front.

New PB 33'00"05 ....4.75m tough course probably equates to a 5 miler though I've not done one of those for a while.

There were over 180 runners and I think I finished in top 25%...not seen official results yet. Winner did it in 26'38".....obviously got more than 2 legs!

#22 ·
I'm originally from near Framlingham, lived there until I was two before moving to a nearby village and went to high school there.

Then I left for university and never moved back! Would like to run in Fram or Sax, would be like the old days - only before I couldn't run and hated PE...

#24 ·
I know - I nearly did the 5 mile fun run this year but was on holiday in Croatia. 7th September I believe?

Have you done it before? I can only manage 10k in an hour and 13 minutes so far. I know taking part is better than sitting and watching, but I still don't want to embarrass myself!

#25 ·
No I've not done it and no plans for this year either...I will be doing the Fram XC though in October...in the moat 3 times...very muddy last year.

If you did it you wouldn't embarrass yourself I'm sure...and I bet you'd get a quicker time due to the run being a race.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.