Runners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone in the uk managed to find a hat or garment that protects from the sun but allows your skin to breathe?

been into a local running shop and all the mesh caps have not got uv protection

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
judging by the lack of response here either I'm the only baldy bloke who burns quicker than toast or its a 'dragons den' opportunity!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Have you thought of a bandana? :d I used to wear one when cycling; no need now helmet 100% sun protection. I was thinking of wearing one for running; however, i tend to run early morning and the sun isn't as strong so may not need one

·
Registered
23 Posts
ive got an Inov8 hot peak cap, its does the job well, lets my skin breath as far as i can tell, but im not bald and so am only really going by how sweaty my hair gets (not perticually). Not sure about UV stuff, am sure it will tell you on the website.

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
I saw a thing on telly once it was like a mini umbrella hat thing, that would do the job it would shade your head and let the fresh air in!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Squint said:
I saw a thing on telly once it was like a mini umbrella hat thing, that would do the job it would shade your head and let the fresh air in!
your 'avin a laugh!!!

thanks to TDT for the suggestion about the cap - just found some on this website and it has uv protection (not specified what strength but better than nowt)
http://www.onshoes.com/p-1557-inov-8-hot-peak-40-white-cap.aspx

cheers everyone

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
I'm bald, but I don't burn, because I'm dark. Natural protection ;) If you are white, you should probably just wear sunblock.

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Possibly daft question - if the cap is covering your head, surely it doesn't need any UV protection? Surely the material has been designed to block out the sun?:huh:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts