Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all

Managed a 8.1k run this morning without stopping or running out of breath. Pretty happy with that as it was my longest run since starting last November :)

Pie in the sky to most of you guys. Managed to do it in 42:24 mins/secs. How does that look? I seemed to keep a steady pace.

Had the iPod with me and have to say that Rihanna's Umbrella (Haji & Emmanuel Mix) pushed me to the finish. Pretty cool track :embarrassed:

Have a great Sunday!

Cheers

Gary

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
I'll second that sentiment.

I just managed 5K in 30.06, as with you the furthest I have run to date. Granted it was on the treadmill, but it forces the pace and a month ago I could not run for one minute at that speed.

Have a great day

Giles

·
Registered
943 Posts
I'm intending to go out later on tonight when the weather cools - I find this heat unbearable to run in (and before anyone says it, I'm NOT moaning about the weather lol!)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi all

Forgot to say that the weather is not that great today.

Brilliant sunshine all week then the mist and overcast skies arrive just in time for the weekend. Monday onwards looks good but why always the weekend up here :( 11 deg when I ran in the morning so at least it was not cold.

Cheers

Gary

·
Registered
506 Posts
It's cloudy and misty here in the north east too - it was like a scene from hound of the baskervilles when I was running this morning in all the fog. they said on the weather the other day that today was supposed to be 22 degrees.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Hot and sunny... about 27 degrees in Tewkesbury for the half marathon today! :cool:

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Rob said:
It's cloudy and misty here in the north east too - it was like a scene from hound of the baskervilles when I was running this morning in all the fog. they said on the weather the other day that today was supposed to be 22 degrees.

Hot and sunny here too..... Further up North-East in sunny Gateshead. :d

·
Registered
298 Posts
garywatt said:
Forgot to say that the weather is not that great today.
( 11 deg when I ran in the morning so at least it was not cold
To me thats great weather to run in! 7:00am onwards and it was already getting too hot here darn saff! :cool: all good though! :cool:

To those that raced in the heat.... good going.... to those who first posted, be proud of your times! and bank the memory of the progression you have made.... reality checks are needed when you feel you are not progressing..... you can now look back and remember where you started from (some runners need to do that more me thinks.....but thats another thread I may start! :rolleyes: :cool: )

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi all

Hope this does not sound like a stooopid question but for a newbie like me, what are the pro's and con's of running in warm/hot and cold weather.

I started off in Winter and had quite a few frosts with zero temperatures. Not really experienced running in the full flow of Summer, not that we really get one up here :(

I seem to prefer the colder temperatures.

Cheers

Gary

1 - 11 of 11 Posts