Runners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you will know SWMBO suffered Rheumatoid Arthritis causing her to stop running for about 8 months until she was amazingly, since it is rare, told she was in remission about this time last year. :d

Since then SWMBO has :-
1.Run in 9/10 club championship races...only missing one due to work.
2.Raced all 6 XC races and............

.....last night after running the last of 6 5k Handicap Trials was awarded with 2nd place overall in the Trials and 1st Lady. :d

Moral of the story...........get injury/illness attended too asap, take time to recover and then build up to past glories slowly.

THAT'S ANOTHER TROPHY FOR ME TO DUST :mad: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Thats a fantastic effort.

You must be really chuffed for her Steve.

Pass on congratulations................. congrats002.gif .. eclipsee_gold_cup.gif

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Having had a father and now my sister suffering from R A i know just how debilitating it can be it's quite fantastic for swmbo to not only be in remission but to have achieved so much !

My heartfelt congratulations to her !!;)

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cheriton said:
Having had a father and now my sister suffering from R A i know just how debilitating it can be it's quite fantastic for swmbo to not only be in remission but to have achieved so much !

My heartfelt congratulations to her !!;)
As you say it is very debilitating...reading peoples stories on various websites was awful so we know how lucky SWMBO has been. She still has to take medication weekly of course but right now all seems well.....just hope I'm not tempting fate.

Best wishes to your family Cheriton.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts