Runners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had a bad run last night. :( I have attached a nice pic for you now that I have been cleaned up.

First I swallowed a fly then got a small midge thing in my eye. Then just to top it off I got snipered and went flying:eek: :embarrassed: But I just got back up and carried on home trying to look :cool:

Think I lost my footing on some gravel.

Got some nice nasty scrapes along the side of my butt. However I won't show you them.;)

All this in 40 minutes. I hope I don't have any of this happening on Sunday when I do my first 12 mile run.

There was one good outcome. The last couple of miles or so were pretty damn quick. I was going as fast as I could to get back home again as I was stinging so much. :d

Anyway. Back out tonight fo 50 minutes of speedwork. I hasten to add I will not be going the same route as last night.

Keep on running Guys and Girls

Richard

Attachments

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Nice Battle wounds Richard............

Ouch......

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
You have my sympathy - I may post a pic of my black toe one day - but my more serious injuries seem to come from activities not related to running (like smashing my ribs stumbling out on a boat at the weekend :rolleyes: )

Hope you heal soon :d

·
Registered
634 Posts
Owain gets flattened by the "comblestones";) , Trinity gets knocked over by a car, Roadrunnerrob cracks his ribs and now Richard...It's a dangerous world out there...:eek:

I might stay in tonight:(

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good job it's just a few scratches and nothing more serious. I won't be a happy runner if I don't get to do my Marathon in October.

Thanks for the sympathy folks.:d I feel fine now. I new you were a good bunch ;)

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
It's the sort of thing I've been doing for years Richard. My partner is fed up of patching me up, or taking me to hospital streaming with blood. I usually wear gloves so I don't get my hands torn to bits every time I go hurtling over the rocks, or whatever. It's what makes running into an 'adventure sport' - not for the faint-hearted!
Cheers!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've never really fancied running with gloves on. However I think I will maybe give them a try. I may even try some of those Legging/compression things if it's going to save me getting all cut up.:eek:

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Richard said:
Had a bad run last night. :( I have attached a nice pic for you now that I have been cleaned up.

First I swallowed a fly then got a small midge thing in my eye. Then just to top it off I got snipered and went flying:eek: :embarrassed: But I just got back up and carried on home trying to look :cool:

Think I lost my footing on some gravel.

Got some nice nasty scrapes along the side of my butt. However I won't show you them.;)

All this in 40 minutes. I hope I don't have any of this happening on Sunday when I do my first 12 mile run.

There was one good outcome. The last couple of miles or so were pretty damn quick. I was going as fast as I could to get back home again as I was stinging so much.

Anyway. Back out tonight fo 50 minutes of speedwork. I hasten to add I will not be going the same route as last night.

Keep on running Guys and Girls

Richard
I'm not suprised you slipped you appear to only have one leg in the photograph:p

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
cheriton said:
I'm not suprised you slipped you appear to only have one leg in the photograph:p

He had two legs at the time of the fall.:eek:
(Perhaps the camera is balanced on top of the other leg?) :d

1 - 18 of 18 Posts