Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this will have been done to death but not by me, so i'm about 6 weeks into my running training and do 3 to 4 runs a week including 2 steady or regular runs and at least one harder short run circa 4 miles.

my 1st 10k is looming and i have 2 weeks to go.

i was planning on keeping this week the same, i.e 3 -4 runs etc as before - should i?
and then what for next week?

i have a bad habit of just trying to blast my way through tiredness and think it'll be ok on the day but i know i won't get away with it whilst running, like i do on the bike.

Any help/advice welcome,

Craig

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Hi,

I suggest you rest completely for 2 days before the race, and make the week before a much easier week than usual. That way, you will be fresh and rested, but still doing enough to keep your body ticking over

Hope that helps

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
I'd very much agree with Katten...

this week as normal... next week I'd say maybe run tues and thurs... and try to do as little as possible on Saturday, feet up in front of TV :)

That's my line of thought anyway. You could always run Mon, tues and thurs if you'd prefer. :cool:

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
i'd slightly disagree... ive tried the resting before and also tried doing 4-5 reps of fast strides as part of a 3-4km trot the day before and i found the pace seamed easier for the races that i had done the day after strides....

*disclamer*
this was just my interpretation..if in doubt resting is your best bet

1 - 4 of 4 Posts