Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Advice please,you people of much wisdom.

What pace would be considered as tempo training for me ?

My 10k race pace is around 7:30/mile.

My usual training pace is around 8:15 pace for shorter runs (5/6 Miles),and around 9;00 pace for longer runs 10/13 miles.

I sometimes run my 5/6 mile runs at around 8:00 pace,would this be considered as tempo ?

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that Jonesy.

Most helpful.......

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
crikey that site is good thanks LJ, I compared my times with it and it was right, except for my 10k but I know why I didn't do so well on that, it reckons I could do a sub 4hr marathon, thank god I didn't get in :eek:

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Has me down for a sub 3:40 Marathon.

4:40 Would be more like it. (If I made it to the finish at all.)

All the other predicted times seem just about on the mark.

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Wow! 3hr 11min marathon for me! lol. Of course it goes on the assumption that you've trained for the distance and have no biased towards either speed or endurance! There's little chance of me crossing the finish line of a marathon atm unless I walked a good portion!

Scary how it manages to work out the times fairly accurately though! particularly for shorter distances too! I know 'the dark side' has a race time predictor but it advises against using it to predict shorter distances, I wonder if it works on the same formula as the macmillan one?

·
Registered
348 Posts
I've always found this pretty accurate, though I guess the marathon one is the hardest one to live up to.

The other thing I'd say is that its less accurante dependant on whether you a natural 'speedster' or 'super-endurance' type. I ran a mile earlier in the year that was faster than my longer distance references, whereas a hardened long distance runner may struggle to run some of the short distances as quickly, but can hold pace easily but can hold their pace over longer distances.

I'd say the 5k to 1/2 marathon range is very accurate though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts