Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what has everyone got planned this weekend?

Nosey Tosey is back beaking around :embarrassed:

:d

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
TT - you'll be pleased to know that it's the start of the Cricket season for me !! - Yippee

So, that's Saturday taken care of, 10 mile run on Sunday morning and then watching my Nephews in a Football Cup final in the afternoon.

Bring on 5.00pm

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
hurrah indeed.

going hunting for my new running rucksack on saturday.. maybe mow the lawn.. fix the campervan... etc etc.

sunday is stratford marathon.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
The disaster-area we call a garden, for want of a better word, is badly in need of attention. It's full of weeds and nothing else and I have grand plans to sort at least the front garden this year, so this weekend, weather permitting, will see me pulling up weeds and poring over gardening books to work out what to put in their place.

A daunting prospect for a total novice gardener, but at least it can't look any worse than it does now.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Even though I've only been at work since Wednesday I'm sure this has been the longest week known to man!!

Off on a long walk this weekend with a friend and her ex's dog - please pray for good weather for us!

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Make sure you wave/say ello if you see me Ed! (i'd do likewise but i'm rubbish with remembering faces :embarrassed:)

Today is time for relaxing and not doing a fat lot (once I finish work at lunchtime that is)... I may go as far as mowing the front lawn.

Saturday is football day - Man United Vs Chelsea first, not because I support either team but there's is guaranteed to be some of the best football around being played! then form their straight to the Ricoh Arena to hopefully see Coventry get anihilated by Wolves :d

Sunday is Judgement Day... the day I've been waiting for since this time last year! Stratford half marathon (I'm not as nuts as Ed_m :p). Needless to say I'll be boring you all with a race report once I get home (or perhaps monday by the time I get to a computer!).

Hope everyone else has a great weekend too!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Granty said:
TT - you'll be pleased to know that it's the start of the Cricket season for me !! - Yippee

How long does crickety season last for zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:asleep:

<<<<TT has fallen asleep, already she can't take it>>>>>>

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
richardsimkiss said:
Make sure you wave/say ello if you see me Ed! (i'd do likewise but i'm rubbish with remembering faces :embarrassed:)
no. 2817 .. i'll be one of a handful in a covtri top (short sleeves not vest).

and you'll be no. 6848 ;) ..... what kind of warp speed you planning ?

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good luck Ed and Richard for Sunday :d

Look forward to hearing how you both got on.:d

·
Registered
264 Posts
Well I woke up this morning and have noticed that my shin-splints have virtually gone after 4 weeks of stretching and taking things easy. Went for a 5 mile run on wednesday, rested yesterday and no sign of pain today so I'm definately going out running today and sunday.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Katten said:
On holiday this weekend, going abroad to some place called "England"... :p

I have heard it can be quite nice there, weather very clement this time of year too :p

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
I'll try and make a mental note of your number ed... I'll be aiming for sub 1:25:00, my 10k says (using teh powers of race predictors) that I should be good for a 1:22:14, but I doubt I have the speed endurance for that! PB is Stratford last year (1:36:32) so as long as nothing major goes wrong, I should easily be on for a new PB!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
twinkle toes said:
How long does crickety season last for zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:asleep:

<<<<TT has fallen asleep, already she can't take it>>>>>>
You don't mean that :d - might have to dig out some old threads from last summer !!

Good luck to those racing.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Good luck Rich and Ed i am sure you both will do brill.... :p

Tonight is Presentation evening which i am looking forward to.

I am tomorrow going shopping in Norwich

Sunday going for run with some club members then probably chill

:d

1 - 20 of 48 Posts