Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to thank the driver who pulled out of the Petrol station today at Mach 3 without looking ?

Had to put my my running brakes on and nearly broke an ankle
Cheers for that! Here is an idea Why not try edging out rather than flying out???????

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate Thats made me smile

DAMN YOU HINDSIGHT!!!!!!!!:d

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I had a similar incident a short while ago with someone pulling out of their 'extended' drive... I went over the bonnet tho...no time to stop!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I would like to thank the driver who pulled out of the Petrol station today at Mach 3 without looking ?

Had to put my my running brakes on and nearly broke an ankle
Cheers for that! Here is an idea Why not try edging out rather than flying out???????
Look it wasn't my fault okay, the horses got a bit overexcited, I couldn't control them and they just flew out!

·
Registered
10 Posts
we need to get one of those adverts like they do for motorbikes.... "now you see him" "now you see him" lol but with a runner instead.
I go running up some country lanes some times and the amount of times iv nearly been wacked into a hedge is unreal from cars speeding past. grrrr. and the road i run along is straight so its not like they cant see!
hope your ankles ok though. grr to cars and drivers not looking properly

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Now you open a whole can of worms.

The White line is not a central lane for bikes. If they choose to overtake a queue of cars they do so at their own risk and no amount of signs saying watch for bikers will make me rear end the car in front whilst peering into my rearview mirror.

Likewise country lanes are narrow. If I was driving half over the White line and hit a car coming the other way I could not use the excuse I was leaving room for the pedestrians. Also 40 in my car is well under the speed limit but must seem awful fast too a pedestrian.

Just a couple of points of view bearing in mind I do have a bike licence and drive 4000 miles a month, a lot of it on rural roads.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts