Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a cheap watch to keep me going until I can afford one of the new Garmins :rolleyes:

Minimum requirements:

Stopwatch
Backlight

Anyone know of any good deals?

Thanks

AJ

·
Registered
244 Posts
One free with subscription to runnersworld. Although I'm sure you could pick one up from argos for about £5 at those specs.

·
Registered
244 Posts
debbo said:
Hammerite - you beat me to it!
Sorry!

AJtuna, it might be worth paying a couple of quid more and getting one with a lap split memory, but this really doesn't cost a hell of a lot more.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Check ebay - occasionally the FLM reject watches come up for 5 pounds - they're quite good - timex iron man - only draw back is that they only have 8 lap memories...

Another interesting option is to ebay for a timex SDM watch - they seem to cost around 50 pounds (as do the GF101's on ebay...)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hollywood said:
Check ebay - occasionally the FLM reject watches come up for 5 pounds - they're quite good - timex iron man - only draw back is that they only have 8 lap memories...

Another interesting option is to ebay for a timex SDM watch - they seem to cost around 50 pounds (as do the GF101's on ebay...)
:d My day to day watch broke a while back, so at the moment I'm wearing my London Mara reject watch!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
ajtuna said:
I need a cheap watch to keep me going until I can afford one of the new Garmins :rolleyes:

Minimum requirements:

Stopwatch
Backlight

Anyone know of any good deals?

Thanks

AJ
You could get a very cheap hrm like mine (RS100) on ebay. Does the lot plus more!

stupot

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
For many, a watch is a status symbol for those who wish to read time in a fashionable way. designer brand name is considered to be a status symbol to sport on your wrist. whether you are wearing a cheap watch or luxury one, watches are displaying fashion all the time.
spam

1 - 11 of 11 Posts