Runners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 4180 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
I've decided to give this C25K training plan a try. Went for a run for the first time in ages last Sunday, but overdid it and have paid for it most of this week. I figure it would probably be better to complete this plan to get back into the swing of things and build a basic level of fitness up. 7am start tomorrow I think :)

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Good for you Sam - we'll be checking for your update tomorrow!

I got up at 6, trainers on etc got outside and from there I heard my daughter crying. :( knowing my other half didn't get in from a stag do till half 3 I had to come back in, gutted. It was the first time I'd got motivated to get out on a Sunday morning. He said he might manage half an hour, bit it's 20 to 7 now and no sign. Oh well.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Yes that's what I'll have to do. I'm annoyed because I got up early and didn't do much so now feel twice as tired! Thinking perhaps my daughter heard the door though I do try to be quiet. Also had a carb dinner last night and lots of water throughout the evening to see if it makes a difference so that was wasted!

Will have to go later sometime. At least its not too hot it's overcast and threatening rain.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Well W1D1 completed! Feeling quite good, although I have got a slight twinge in my ankle. Managed to cover about 3.4km. It's quite hilly where I live so the flattest route I could take still had 3 climbs. Next out on Wednesday morning.

Vicki. I feel for you. Both my girls were up at the same time as me, but luckily they're at an age where they can entertain themselves while I went out and my partner had a lie in :)

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Well done Sam are you excited for your next run? It's grew to get the first run done and feel like you've made a start! My girl is 22 months so definately no chance of one of us going out and the other getting a lie in.

I'm lucky, this was the first time it happened in 4 weeks so cant complain too much.

It must look like I'm online all the time! I tend to pop onto my iPhone whenever I'm a bit bored! Jessica just wants to watch peppa at the moment so not much input needed by me for a little while! I also work from home so often on the computer and often doing something other than work lol.

V

·
0 Posts
I'm new to this, I did W3D3 this evening, so on to week 4 on Tuesday. :)

Currently wondering whether to book myself onto a 10K race in November, though I suspect it may be a bit ambitious... :wacko:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi everyone :)

Welcome Sam and Vampire!
Sam, I hate any kind of hill/slope on my runs, so I feel for you! Well done on W1D1.
Vampire, I'm starting week 4 in a bit. I'm doing a 5K in September, then I'll think about trying a 10K. I suppose it depends how easy you are finding the C25K, and how ambitious you are feeling!

Today is supposed to be W4D1. It is almost 10am and I'm still not out the door! I will get out in a bit, just feel a bit fuzzy (shouldn't have had those Pimms yesterday!)

As for kids, my sons are 15, 12 and 10. The 10 year old thinks he is about 14, so basically I have a load of teenage boys. I have shouted at them to get up only once, so far. If I left them to their own devices, they would all get up sometime between midday and 4pm!!

Right, Fi, put your running shoes on....

Will report back on week 4 later. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well, week 4 day 1 is done. I didn't give up, althought I felt like it! My left ankle does feel a little bit stiff now though. I'm not sure what constitutes normal running stiffness/achiness (having never run anywhere in my life before!)

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Well, week 4 day 1 is done. I didn't give up, althought I felt like it! My left ankle does feel a little bit stiff now though. I'm not sure what constitutes normal running stiffness/achiness (having never run anywhere in my life before!)
Hiya,

Well done. I really did struggle on that run. I think it's the point where you have to start pushing a little more. It was the end of week 4 that I managed to find a comfortable pace and get my breathing steady.

I always stretch afterwards and not before as I heard that it's bad to stretch cold muscles. I do stretches that I was taught at my old very good gym. The biggest difference to how I feel throughout the day and the following day is to shake out the stretch! Shake my legs/arms afterwards to loosen them, I never ache after doing this. :)

I began to get tender ankles in week 4, that's why I got my gait analysis, I was worried about injury.

Well you have two more runs before you hit the big week 5! :)

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Well that's week 5 day 2 done. It went pretty well I can't believe I managed two 8 minute runs without collapsing! Almost but not quite! The last minute or two was the time I felt it was difficult but I did it.

I wasn't going to do it I was going to repeat yesterdays run. It's the first time I've done 2 days in a row, so a rest tomorrow or a stint on the cross trainer. I'm so pleased with myself. All I could think about today was getting out and running I think I really have the bug! I could feel all the excess energy that needed burning. :) Strange! Blog updated with details.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I hate any kind of hill/slope on my runs,
I'm the same, don't know if it was bad luck or management, but the running parts were all on inclines and the walking parts were mainly flat :rolleyes: May have to rethink my route on Wednesday. Well done on W4D1 by the way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
ive just started week1 day1 yesterday and i cant wait to get out tomorrow for day 2 ,its reading these sorts of forums that has me motivated to do it ,so thank you people your all an inspiration

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Keith! :D

Hope W1D2 went well (if you've done it already! My runs are getting later and later!) I'm doing W4D2 tomorrow! I can't quite believe that. The weeks will mount up before you know it, and we'll all be out running 5Ks!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Nice one Keith :) You're at the same stage as me. I'm out on W1D2 tomorrow morning :)

·
Registered
588 Posts
W1D2 for my today. Absolutely tipping it down :( Felt really good though, and no niggles this time. Next out on Saturday morning, hangover permitting (It's the big 30 on Friday!)

Vicki, you're not having much luck getting out early at the moment are you? Luckily I managed to get out and back before anyone woke up :)

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
W1D2 for my today. Absolutely tipping it down :( Felt really good though, and no niggles this time. Next out on Saturday morning, hangover permitting (It's the big 30 on Friday!)

Vicki, you're not having much luck getting out early at the moment are you? Luckily I managed to get out and back before anyone woke up :)
It's great running in the rain isn't it :) I love it. That's as long as it's not cold! Why not skip Saturday, have a great time Friday night and go for your runs on Thursday and Sunday instead?

For some reason, my daughter, who I have always had to wake if I needed her up before 9, is starting to wake between 5:45 and 7. No idea why, teeth? Either way, it means I can't get out! Usually it's more like 7 which is ok. I think I'm going to have to get to bed earlier and set my alarm for 5. I might try to get out later this evening, fitting it in around dinner, clearing up, bedtime etc! Maybe it will force me to be careful with what I eat today so I don't make things harder. :)

21 - 40 of 4180 Posts