Runners Forum banner

1541 - 1560 of 1582 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Ok since I failed my last challenge, I am ready for a new one...

I've taken to running indoors since mid October, and on the flat setting I can get a 5k down to just under 20min, and 10k down just under 43 mins, so challenge me as you please.

I have a rough goal myself to do the half kilomathon in under an hour, and have yet to pick a time for the Edinburgh half, but this time I know that I need to add in more longer runs to my training for that. 10-15k runs just dont cut it.

My current training involves spin, intervals and the cross trainer. I probably however need to incorporate some form of hills and rowing, and i'm always one to mix things up rather than sticking to a set weekly plan.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm going to challenge myself to run Wrap up and run 10k at graves park sheffield 24/2/13 in under 60 mins....everythings crossed!! :))

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm going to challenge myself to run Wrap up and run 10k at graves park sheffield 24/2/13 in under 60 mins....everythings crossed!! :))
i failed :-(( but am happy with my time, 63mins 16secs, it was hilly!! but enjoyable :))
Good luck to everyone else completing their challenges :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi all

So my challenge for this year is to attempt the Perkins Great Eastern Run, I would also like to get a sub 50 min 10K (maybe a smaller challenge for some but it's a start)

As well as the above I will also be running at least 500 miles this year for Marie Curie Cancer care, so if anyone has any advice to share it would be greatly received!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hey there, didn't get the PB I was after today in a 10k, so now contemplating a challenge for next week.

Strava have a 70km challenge for next week - the longest single run I have completed to date is 23km, and I have also run a couple of 18km's in the morning, and 5kms in the evening.

If I am off work next week - how quickly could I run the 70km?

My race times are:-
Half marathon: 1:39:00
10km 44:32
5km 21:19

One mate says try to run 70km in one go - is this sensible?

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
OK - anyone running around 20 or just under 20mins 5K times? and want a race to get under 19? or something similar - say sub 40 10k?

I'm currently at 19:49 (parkrun), and guessing I can get sub19 by July...be good incentive if i'm competing with someone on here..anyone?

·
Registered
9 Posts
My challenge mainly at moment is to keep motivated for 10k run in York (August 2nd), 2nd training run tomorrow. I need to build my base fitness up first more than anything and then will build training up more as i go along.

I hope by then though i can run it at least under 1 hour for my very first go, may alter that as event gets nearer depending on progress made.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I want to challenge myself to run 4 races for each Sunday in June (5k, 1 mile, 10k, 5k).
Because originally I challenged myself for a 10k race to raise money for MND but now I feel I can do it, so I want to stretch a bit further and do it for a good cause as well.
And when it feels that it might be too much I think of two my friends dying from MND and nothing can be done but they still stay brave. So how could I dare to say I can't do 4 races if I can walk and run and live?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there!

I better start something because I started to gain fat. Maybe I start running again or do some stair climbing.

Just thinkin about to get some energy booster supplements like caffeine pills to help weight loss. Looks like these will be good at Myprotein Codes. I've read that they can help in fat loss along with other nutrients like l-carnitine.

Also, for a while I feel like my stomach is always bloated, but don't know why. I eat as I used to: whey proteins, oats, quality carbohydrates, etc. and I have my daily dose of vitamins & minerals.

1541 - 1560 of 1582 Posts