Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got back from my first attempt at six miles,Yikes!!!!!!
O.k... so there was some stopping and starting, but got round in 68 mins and felt pretty good, tired but good.:d
Knees feel a bit stiff now though,, is that cos ive overdone it or do i just have dodgy knees? ( knock knees yes! ) but usually no problem:confused:

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Well done! It depends on what mileage you were doing before your six miles on whether you overdid it or not - but the knees do take a pounding when you run, so any increase in your distance is as likely to result in a few pains there as anywhere else. So if you had done 4-5 miles before now, you should be ok, but if you've suddenly doubled your distance or something, you could risk something worse!

I once got sore knees from a 5 mile walk after I had been sitting around doing nothing for a few months!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, iv done 5 before with no problems, on the knees that is,, the breathing is something else!!
They dont feel so bad now they've had a good soak, just hope there ok in the morning as i'd planned to do an easy 2.5 on the way to work.
jo

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I expect they'll be OK - aches and pains are just a fact of life for runners! I do find if I am a bit stiff, sometimes a run actually helps - as long as it's an easy one - so maybe your plan will work :d

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Good for you MJ, how did your run go this morning?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
knees were fine, but felt a bit sluggish, no, VERY slugish , legs felt heavy...it was 6.30!!! maybe im better on an afternoon :idea:

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
I find I run better in the afternoon/evening, body has had a chance to wake up :d

1 - 9 of 9 Posts