Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be the second running of this event. Last year was very successful and well rated amongst all those who took part. The course is run on road through south Gloucestershire countryside with stunning views. It's on the 19th March 2006 and entry forms are on the club's website at www.hogweedtrotters.co.uk

HTML:
http://www.pbase.com/hogweeds1/hogweedhillyhalf

·
Registered
17 Posts
Morning All,

I'll be there. not to sure why but I cannot walk today :( and its just taken me 5 mins to manage to pick up my car keys from the floor.

Trin, can I drive the course instead of running it???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello folks...

I'll be there - seemed like a good idea at the time. I've ordered my red lantern and sweeping brush :)

Rich / Trin are either of you running it?

RD

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I won't be running it coz it's on my birthday and my kids want to shower me wiv prezzies after bringing me breakfast in bed... I guess I can't let them down <<sigh>>

I did marshal it last year though as it's my club's race, and AC... it's probably easier to run it coz you wouldn't get out of 2nd gear in the car up some of those hills ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Folks,

I will be there. Treating it as a gentle training run for FLM though so wont be "racing" it - not that you can do much racing on those hogweed hills!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
RD . . I plan to be there at the start, and somewhere early on around the course, to take some photographs . .

but I can't stop for long as I want to help out with a certain person's ;) birthday celebrations . .

:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ah, it's not that bad a course, I did it twice last year Sat & Sun.. wouldn't recomend that approach but just the Sunday should be fine..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Done it and survived to tell the tale!! So glad it's over!!

Done 1:44:47 so was quite pleased at it's a tough course. Nice warm up for FLM - less than 5 weeks to go!! Gulp!!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It was a huge success lexi :)

Loads of great reviews and many saying that although it was tough, they will be back next year.

It's on the 18th March next year...so I might even be able to run it, coz it's the day before my birthday

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Adverse Camber said:
Are you sure Trin??? The website has it on the 11th March. And that's the same day as the Duchy. Umm choices.

I know... they changed the date 2 or 3 months ago. I have to say that I'd like to go back to Duchy, but then I haven't run HHH yet.... :confused:

·
Registered
17 Posts
When you say - "I haven't run HHH yet" have you not run it to find the locations to put the mile markers.

:)

I'm a bit split on which one to enter, I have thought about doing the Duchy 20 again, but, I might run the Gloucester 20 the weekend before and then come back to HHH (save those £££).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts