Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No other words I can think of except... Truly an inspiration

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Incredible and Courageous

Unlike some of the most truly shocking things that happen in our towns the length and breadth of this country.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Brave lady, hope I could show even some of that spirit in similar circumstances. Reminds us all to make the most of what we have.

·
Registered
506 Posts
How she carried on and achieved so much in circumstances where most people couldn't have faced getting out of bed every day was incredible. RIP

·
Registered
813 Posts
She showed a lot of courage, putting fundraising for other people in front of her own illness.

Next time I don't feel well enough to run, I will think again!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
She was a true inspiration and showed what one can achieve despite serious illness.

Life can be cruel but it's how one copes that counts and her energy, braveness and effort is something I shall think back on when I have to face up to adversity.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe we could all dedicate our next race or run to Jane.

I'm racing on Sunday, so I think that's what I'm going to do. I'll carry thoughts of her with me on 8 miles of multi-terrain, with apparently 'breath taking views'

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Trinity said:
Maybe we could all dedicate our next race or run to Jane.

I'm racing on Sunday, so I think that's what I'm going to do. I'll carry thoughts of her with me on 8 miles of multi-terrain, with apparently 'breath taking views'
What race you doing Trin ??

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
All that everyone has said is so very true, she really was an inspiration - brave and courageous throughout her time battling with this cruel cruel disease. RIP Jane Tomlinson

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Granty said:
What race you doing Trin ??
It's the next race in the Somerset Series... it's called the Ash Excellent 8

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Aha - I thought you might be running the Bristol 1/2, I was going to suggest that we meet up for a post race pint. - good luck anyway !

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry Granty, that would have been nice.

But Rich and I make a point of not doing Bristol or Bath half marathons because we believe that they are oversubscribed and over priced for what they are.

We can do 3 or 4 smaller races for the same price as the Bristol half, and enjoy each one of them twice as much :)

The half marathons in the Somerset Series are Burnham-on-Sea half on 7th Oct and Cheddar half on Saturday 10th November... do you fancy a trip to the seaside in October ;)

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Certainly over subscribed, last year the bottle necks lasted for miles at the start. Tell you what, I do like the sound of the Cheddar 1/2 ........................

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Unfortunately Cheddar is full. It's one of those races that fills up within a couple of weeks of the entry forms coming out so it's usually full by end of July. It's mainly because of the location, plus it's a fast flattish course, and it's one of the last half marathons in the year.

If you want to do it next year, remid me in June and I'll get an entry form for you ;)

I hope this reads ok, it's just that I'm dying my hair and so I haven't got my glasses on... it's a miracle I can see the keybourd, let alone hit the right keys!

Oh the price of vanity.... :rolleyes:

Off to rinse

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I'd definately be up for that next year, Cheddar is a fantastic place.

What colour are you going for, something low key like .............. Red :eek: :p

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Granty said:
I'd definately be up for that next year, Cheddar is a fantastic place.

What colour are you going for, something low key like .............. Red :eek: :p
funny you should say that ;)

except the red I use actually is quite low key...it's very dark so my hair looks more dark than red. The red really only shows up in sunlight, which is quite nice :)

You must remind me about Cheddar next year, because my aging brain might let me down :confused:

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Anyway, lets get this thread back on the subject of Jane Tomlinson. A courageous woman who, as life was being taken from her, she was intent on raising money to help give life to others.

richardsimkiss said:
All that everyone has said is so very true, she really was an inspiration - brave and courageous throughout her time battling with this cruel cruel disease. RIP Jane Tomlinson

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Quite right Trin, I will be running the Experian Robin Hood half on the 16th so it will be for Jane.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts