Runners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's today :eek: !!!!
It's very soon!!!!!!! :eek:
I have to go now for my long run... 19 miles on a nearby hill/forest...
It's neverending... :confused:

Anyone else feels this way before going for the big weekly one?

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
<slap>

Think yourself lucky Fulmar... I would love to be able to go out and run those kind of distances like I used to.

Like I've said before....be grateful, get out there and enjoy!

:)

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
take it easy.. enjoy the scenery.. enjoy the journey

i love my loooong runs.. really clears the mind.

(27miles scheduled for saturday)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I must admit, I look forward to going, but when I hit the 15-18 mile mark and my knees start to hurt, then i wonder why Im doing it, but when im in the shower at the end....it was all worth it.
enjoy

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ed_m!!!!!!! :eek: 27miles!!????

Trinity... you're right :embarrassed: I had a weak moment there :p

mr red, I enjoyed it a lot (did 20 miles in the end) but just like you, the last 3 miles were hell with all sorts of pains...
But that's the longest run for the next marathon done :)

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
27 miles, 27 miles... times 1,609 metres... = Wait a second... Part of your training is running farther than a marathon!????

:eek:

Amazing :)

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
You'll have to look at the Swiss Alpine 78K in Davos ed m...your sort of event .
SWMBO and I plan to do one of the two marathons there next year.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I never know how far im gonna go,seem to make it up as i go along,today was the furthest non stop i ever did at 17.78,would like to get to 20 before the years out so im more than ready for LM2008

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Fulmar said:
It's today :eek: !!!!
It's very soon!!!!!!! :eek:
I have to go now for my long run... 19 miles on a nearby hill/forest...
It's neverending... :confused:

Anyone else feels this way before going for the big weekly one?
I've been feeling that way for the past couple of weeks too. But as Trinity said, we should be grateful we can actually go out there and do those long runs!

·
Registered
12 Posts
As a novice, possibly aspiring to longer distances, advice very welcome as to whether these 27 milers involve a specially fashioned bum-bag for the tent, or whether credit card for B&B is acceptable.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
ab1 im totally with you on that, im not a long distance runner but i'd like think im not a slow 6 mile runner, but i to aspire to be able to do these silly 17mile runs. But i'll be taking my credit card with me as well, as i think i'd need it half way. HEHEHE But hat off to all those who run those distances, maybe me one day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts