Runners Forum banner

4261 - 4271 of 4271 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
I think the odds are highly in favour of other intelligent life and that life of some description definitely exists.

What has been your most enjoyable/memorable running experience to date?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Running the London Marathon 1984 - the point where the two starts came together, looking at thousands of people behind and many more people in front, been to places with more people but it didn't feel or look like it because you're right in the middle of it.

What motivational music do you listen to for running?

·
Registered
836 Posts
If for motivation it's definitely Rise and Shine. It's not a song as such but very inspiring. Plus two Russian songs.

Now, to be honest, have you ever ran in a very low mood that you were close to shed a tear?

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Scarlett Johansson. I would stay at home and admire myself for the day.

Which is/was your favorite Muppet?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Animal! :D

Who's your favourite actor? :>
I'm not a huge film person but I would say Rowan Atkinson (When he popped up as a serious character in I think Love Actually had me roaring with laughter).

If you could go for a run anywhere in the world where would it be and why?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Best inspirational music track for running? For me it's Roy Orbison's 'Pretty Woman', the tempo is just about right and good for steep climbs.

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Best inspirational music track for running? For me it's Roy Orbison's 'Pretty Woman', the tempo is just about right and good for steep climbs.
What has just happened here? :lol:

I'm not a huge film person but I would say Rowan Atkinson (When he popped up as a serious character in I think Love Actually had me roaring with laughter).

If you could go for a run anywhere in the world where would it be and why?
I am a bit tired right now, so a Trans-St. Kilda sounds good to me.

Looking forward to the Olympics?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Galapagos Islands.

Would you give your life to save anyone else's?
I've been trained that way, but who really knows until the x#$% hits the fan: USAF. Additionally, I would fight to the bitter end and don't feel like I can loose to mortality, however I know that it is inevitable. Let's just say, I would do whatever I had to, (hopefully without loosing face) if it meant protecting the lives of the ones that I love. With nearly 20 years of military background, there is a lot of propaganda and code to follow, but repeating the code is meaningless if it's not deeply embedded into your heart. Protecting the innocent is the main priority.
Question:
When do you think that we will discover sentient beings elsewhere (not just microscopic organisms)?

4261 - 4271 of 4271 Posts