Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today's run got me thinking about all the unusual, bizarre and downright weird things that I've seen on my routes in the short time I've been doing this.

Take today -

1. A fat, shiny, green frog glistening on the edge of the road, looking at me and gulping wetly
2. An 'adult' DVD wedged in a hedge, miles from anywhere (?)
3. One of the longest and thinnest worms I've seen slithering gently into the road, ruining my stride as I attempted not to stand on it and squidge it all over my new trainers :p
4. A pigeon that didn't fly off at my approach but didn't appear injured (do I not breathe as heavily anymore, I wonder?)
5. A chicken wandering on the opposite side of the road with no visible abode

Was quite a fun 10k in the end! Anybody else experience anything odd today?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I saw quite a big rat once. Otherwise I stopped counting the flies or small flying insects I have swallowed while running ( especially late afternoon )

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
these video shops have branches everywhere...

Sorry!
A branch nearly fell on my head the other month - perhaps someone had stashed their dvd's up in the tree and weakened it :cool:

·
Registered
228 Posts
A man stopped me on my run today and asked me what town we were in:confused: We were in Edinburgh about a mile and a half from the city centre!!! He said he'd been trying to drive to Edinburgh for the festival but he didn't really seem to believe me when I assured him he'd reached his destination;)

·
Registered
835 Posts
On one run recently I spotted a fox and a Llama within a few hundred yards. The fox isn't so unusual, but a Llama!

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Did you stop and take the DVD home, is it any good???

I've seen cows wandering about. Deer and foxes are common place, always see them without a gun in hand. Once or twice ran down Union Street in Aberdeen and saw a few strange sights.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My boyfriend asked the same thing Squint! However, I didn't want to run another 4k or so clasping such an odd find. It's a small community, and we are yet to be accepted as it is! When they came round to get our names for a welcome in the parish magazine we were still in our dressing gowns. This was because we were bridesmaid and groomsman at our friends' wedding the day before. However, we never had our names in said magazine so I assume we should have been dressed earlier on a Sunday for that particular honour!!!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I came across a deer like thing in the middle of a cycle path the other day... it just there and looked at me, weird as the path is in the middle of a residential area, the path only had bushes either side...no woodland about etc.....

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
What do you call a deer with no eyes???
No eye dear :) Sorry, will get my coat..........

I once passed a couple playing tig up the local woods, didnt seem like much fun and I didnt get invited to join in so just kept on running up the hill :)

O.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
whats Tig ............ i am trying to guess what it COULD be ...

Some big men/boys ran behind me the other day ... really scared me..... they thought it was funny :mad:

Thats as bad as

What do you call a fish without no eye ............ fssshh

Well its supposed to be no i but you get what i mean

Bloke goes into a pub and sees oasis soup on the menu.. he said to the bartender "ere mate what do you get with the oasis soup"

Bartender replies " you get a roll with it " :rolleyes:

Only Oasis fans would get it ............. runs with O.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Tig, running up to someone touching them (tigging them) and running away, that person is then 'it' and they have to tig you. Not much point when there is just 2 of you so I can only imagine it was just an excuse to touch each other in a public place.....I convinced myself they were having an affair and they though hiding in the woods, no one would see them.....I could be wrong though :)

How do you make a witch itch?
Steal her W.............

O.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
HA HA @ O. made me chuckle...

We used to call that tag.... i remember also a game i used to play at school when i would put a tennis ball in a long sock and hit it up the wall and in between my legs and over my head etc..:rolleyes:

Dont think they play that now. :lol:

Trying to think of silly jokes now ............

1 - 20 of 55 Posts