Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a thread for anyone who, for some reason, is still up at a time when your body would rather not be...

My reason for being up at past midnight is... homework!
I just finished the first week of a course that is launching me onto a (hopefully very prosperous) career change

But you don't get somethin for nothin... so there's loads of work to do at the outset, hence up at this hour on a Friday/Saturday :confused:

Off to bed now though :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
I tend to be in this situation nearly all the time..my body is nearly always exhausted and needed sleep..but mind is always racing and keeping me up!! Grr I hate it!!

Doesn't help that i am also the worsts best/worst procrastinator in the world..so I'm usually stuck up late desperately trying to finish stuff before deadlines!!! So I sympathise with the being up late doing the "homework" thing..at least its done so you have the weekend free..so how'd the course go??

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
There is an old saying late to bed early to rise makes you very tired on a regular basis.

It's amazing how little sleep some people need and are still able to function effectively trinity

good luck with the course maximum effort = maximum reward;)

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
KathrynJayne said:
at least its done so you have the weekend free..so how'd the course go??

No such luck with the free weekend thing... I have an exam on Thursday, so revision revision :confused:
The course went well though, thanx... it was the first module of 6 :)

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am on my way to becoming a Home Inspector

So I am studying everything from how a house is constructed to all the legal aspects of buying/selling to how to run a business :confused:

Intensive stuff!!

But once qualified I will be one of the peeps that comes round to your house to do a Home Condition Report and Energy Performance Certificate, which go into the HIP

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Trinity said:
I am on my way to becoming a Home Inspector

So I am studying everything from how a house is constructed to all the legal aspects of buying/selling to how to run a business :confused:

Intensive stuff!!

But once qualified I will be one of the peeps that comes round to your house to do a Home Condition Report and Energy Performance Certificate, which go into the HIP
I'm in constrution trin if i can be of any help let me know !

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I used to play computer games til all hours, really good fun, but the lack of sleep really gets bad after a while. There are some people who can just manage fine on 4 hours sleep or 5-6 hours or something. Useful skill to have, if you can manage it...:huh:

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
I'm absolutely fine on 5-6hours in the summer, or even so in the winter as long as I goto bed late enough. As it happens though (with work and all) it's still dark when I need o wake up, so my body REALLY struggles.

Obviously that changes in the summer and I can quite happily wake up when the sun pokes his head out.

A

·
0 Posts
I'm usually in bed by 10 pm at the latest but ideally the earlier the better. When I run twice per day it's 9pm, no compromise. In fact I'm going to go to bed right now!

'night all! :asleep:

A :)

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
andrew_n said:
I'm usually in bed by 10 pm at the latest but ideally the earlier the better. When I run twice per day it's 9pm, no compromise. In fact I'm going to go to bed right now!

'night all! :asleep:

A :)
View attachment 261
Yeah, that's right Andrew (NOT Andy, right?), early nights have to be a dominating factor when training twice a day. I tend to keep the same hours even when injured, in order to make the transition back to full training a little easier.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I do try to get a reasonable amount of sleep but it's not easy being a single parent to 3 kids, with a job and on an intensive training course heading for a career change. It's a wonder I have time to run :confused:

It keeps life interesting though :)

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Never manage to get get to bed before midnight, find I can't sleep if its any earlier ..... weird eh !

Trin - after the course, does this mean you become a suited business women ? :d:p

1 - 20 of 29 Posts