Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some times what you hear can be seriously disturbing !

Ok so what i'm about to tell you might not be earthshattering in the grand scheme of things,but it made me stop in my tracks .

This is roughly what i overheard.

Two women both with pushchairs with babies of around 18 mths .One says to the other "shall we go and get a coffee?"

The reply was "yeah ok" followed by "i tell you what we'll go up the high street and i'll get a macdonalds for the babies" :eek::eek::eek::eek:

When i managed to remove my jaw from being embedded in the pavement, i just stood and stared in disbelief at what i just heard.

Now i don't want to appear too judgemental on how anyone should bring up their children , but please tell me have i missed out on some masterpiece on nutrition for babies in 2008 :confused:?

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
If you read the pamphlets Macdonalds produce they dress themselves up as quite healthy. Plus they do kids meals for kids. So that must be okay.

If you have had your brain removed.

·
Registered
298 Posts
A couple of years ago I was sat in a restaurant in Florida sharing a starter (they were massive) with my Girlfriend when we over heard the following:

"Come on boy you gotta get your sugar inside ya"

We looked across and saw a family that basically were : Mother, Father, 3 x kids, all fat..... 1 x the youngest normal size....

The parents were putting sugar in a glass of coke for the youngest one (the thin one).....

This proved to me that some people will accept something as the norm and acceptable, no matter whether its healthy or not......

Who in their right mind will think a MacSalad is healthy and acceptable? I guess the people giving their kids sugar will...........

·
Registered
353 Posts
My kids are brought up on Greggs sausage rolls and fruit shoots ;)

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My kids are brought up on Greggs sausage rolls and fruit shoots ;)
Things we do to buy those new trainers :d

Nought wrong with gregs, do they still have the reduced slightly stale doughnuts?
You two are really selling me this Greggs shop i'll have to seek one out btw excuse my ignorance but what are fruit shoots ? Do they sell them in Greggs?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Not sure but you get them with your happy meal in MaccyD's ;)

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Not sure but you get them with your happy meal in MaccyD's ;)
A happy meal, macdonalds!:rolleyes:

I'm off to finish my tea, cuppa soup to start, pot noodle for main course,followed by guiness mmm guiness

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
A couple of years ago, I was having lunch at a pub and saw a woman fill her baby's milk bottle with coke. I was gobsmacked. I wanted to go up to her and tell her she was a fu**ing idiot, but I didn't have the balls. I mean what is wrong with people?

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
A couple of years ago, I was having lunch at a pub and saw a woman fill her baby's milk bottle with coke. I was gobsmacked. I wanted to go up to her and tell her she was a fu**ing idiot, but I didn't have the balls. I mean what is wrong with people?

Or worse still mums dipping their babe's dummy in honey:eek: and by the time they reach 4 years old their teeth are already rotten.

·
Registered
635 Posts
One sunday a month there is a farmers market on in town, they sell local products and many sell hot meals to eat there and then, so why do I see loads of folk sitting in the local burger king stuffing themself with crap dog food instead of eating fresh good food!!!!

I quite often over hear on the bus mothers telling kids in buggies we'll go to macdonalds/burger king and get lunch. Or do you want a drink, brings out a can of iron bru and lets the kiddy drink it!!!!

Is it any wonder we are a nation of fatties

*rant over*

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Sadly there wasn't a huge amount of choice - it was either that or nowt... it seemed the world was against us as despite trying numerous public houses, there was no room at the inn :(

1 - 20 of 45 Posts