Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since doing my long run last Sat I've had a pain in the front of my left thigh. Initially I just put it down to the general pain that us newbies suffer as part of the 'learning' process.

However its now 4 days since my last run (I missed my scheduled recovery on Monday) and all my other general aches and pains seem to have gone except for the one in my thigh.

It seems to be a quite an intense dull ache right in the middle of the front of my thigh, but doesn't feel bruised to the touch. Strangely it also seems to hurt more when I'm sat in work or with my feet up at home :p, and at times the pain seems to radiate out to my knee.

As it doesn't really impair my mobility should I :

a) Ignore it, stop being a wimp and run it off (scheduled for 4 miles later tonight)
b) Rest it for a couple more days
c) Seek medical advice
d) all of the above

I think I kind of know the answer, but just need it confirming to me as I really want to continue my schedule with my first Half coming up in about 6 weeks.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
If you were me...and for your sake luckily you're not..........you'd be going for a easy run tonight to test it out....if still sore you'd be putting a packet of frozen peas on the sore area when you got in and seeing how it was over next day or two.

Shouldn't think GP advice needed..

·
Registered
693 Posts
I had a painful thigh all weekend and decided to rest it. I would do the same. I'm fine now and ran the furthest I've ever been tonight

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
As it doesn't really impair my mobility should I :

a) Ignore it, stop being a wimp and run it off (scheduled for 4 miles later tonight)
b) Rest it for a couple more days
c) Seek medical advice
d) all of the above
what about e) 'none of the above' :p...

i seriously wouldn't do either a) or b)...

with an injury what I do is run slower or run less than i would normally do (or do both)...

i think this is better than running full out when injured or doing nothing for two days and then jumping straight back into running as you normally do...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts