Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 5963 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's an even lengthening thread for Pet Peeves, this thread is the counter.

List stuff you like, nice stuff you've seen, experienced, that's happened to you etc.

My things I like this morning are my wireless headphones, and this site: Gimundo | Good News... Served Daily

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
I love the way the sky looks this morning, brilliant blue with bright pink clouds..

My old mountain bike was described as horizon linear fade in the brochure and thats excatly what it looks like right now...

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
I like running ;)

I also like warm pastries for breakfast....Pain au Chocolat hmmmmm :)

O.
Nom!!! :) I love big breakfasts - and maple & pecan danishes are my fave!

I like my Audi - I thought I hated it - but I love it.... driving home late last night from Slough and it made it a lot more enjoyable.... :)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I walked to work this morning, and liked the way the sun came through the trees in the lane as the leaves were falling. I like autumn. I also like way my chai tea smells.

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
My son saying

"I love you daddy"

Melts my heart.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Gladioli - love love love these flowers and they always make me feel better.

Chocolate, of course ;)
My husband bought me some gladioli when I got home from my holiday with my mum. I'd never seen them before, and when he bought them they were just the green stems, but over the next few days they opened. Really lovely flowers.

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
A cup of tea and some home made banana cake

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
A cup of tea and some home made banana cake
Aww thats so sweet about your son Stu! :love:

I've got to make banana cake for our Half Marathon on Sunday (our club hosting!) Bought the bananas last night so they should be nice and soft for mixing at the end of the week. I'm really looking forward to it - although I'm responsible for time-keeping :| ....don't worry I managed to cope with lap times for individuals at Dracote so one finish time should be fine - as long as they don't all finish together!! :lol:

I like our club (Kenilworth Runners) and I can't wait to go tonight :d

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Saturday night, curry, redwine and X factor.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Sunny days - I don't care how cold it is as long as it's sunny
Weekends
My 10 month old daughter grinning at me when I get home from work (gummy no teeth grin)
Curry and naan
Short fast runs

·
Registered
6,927 Posts
Mr Pip making me a cup of coffee without asking.

And phoning me or sending me a funny (usually smutty!) message when he knows I'll be having a stressful day.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Being able to wring out my t-shirt after a hard training session. If I can't wring sweat out of it, I wasn't trying.

The dull ache of muscles that have been worked out - either post rugby/gym/badminton/tkd/run.

The smell of; freshly cut grass, bacon on a Sunday morning, beef being roasted, freshly ground coffee, freshly squeezed orange juice, a certain woman at work's perfume.

The sounds of; distorted guitars, bass & drums, a rumbling V8, an off-beat flat four, the sound of my car's turbo spooling up.

Photography, specifically landscapes, night shots and B&W images.

Classical music.

Watching the women's rugby team, knowing that they're playing in a way that I'm asking them - seeing the determination, focus and teamwork.

Winning.

Doing my best.

16:30 on a Friday.

1 - 20 of 5963 Posts