Runners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
another newbie joining up, but loving all the positive comments from everyone!.
I started in May this year after a break of God knows how many years after school, Im 37 so you do the math!. Anyway Ive got my first 10k coming up in two weeks and hoping to get around 50 mins. so enjoyng the training and considering joining a running club.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Welcome aboard Jo, if your enjoying the training just wait till race day, such a buzz. 50 mins would be a good time for your first, and if it's at all based on training times you'll do better. Try to get near the front at the start to get a clearer run. I once made the mistake of leaving a loo visit too late, and after queuing found myself way back in the crowd, took ages to dodge round the fancy-dress folk to get some running room. Good luck on the day, let us know how it goes.

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Welcome welcome welcome (from a fellow newbie). Good luck for the 10k... I've got my first ever adventure race in 2 weeks, woohoo!

Despite having not yet joined a running club myself, i've heard nothing but good things from people who've joined running clubs, so I'd strongly recommend it :d

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi Jo, welcome to the forum and good luck with your 10k. I've got my second 10k this Sunday coming but I'm not sure I'll get round in 50mins myself. Enjoy your race, you'll have a great time:)

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Welcome JO and all the best race day.
You must join a club....a runner with our club did his first race a year ago and yesterday did the same race in some 6 mins faster time....'nuff said!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thankyou!

This is my first time on any type of forum, so was extremely excited to get so many replies! thanks so much guys. Just been to the gym as the wind here is very gusty. Not doing too bad, but just want to go faster!. anyway looking fotward to staying in touch.
Much love x

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi Jo

Welcome to the forum and best of luck with your 10k look forward to hearing your results. :d

TT

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
....But while there's music and moonlight and love and romance
Let's face the music and dance!!!!

Gawd, damn you twinkle toes, everytime i've read one of your posts i've wanted to post that, and now i've finally given in! lol.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
richardsimkiss said:
....But while there's music and moonlight and love and romance
Let's face the music and dance!!!!

Gawd, damn you twinkle toes, everytime i've read one of your posts i've wanted to post that, and now i've finally given in! lol.
lol - good for you stranger things have been posted ha ha :d

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi Jo, welcome to the forum, i hope the 10k goes well, i'm doing my first on the 23rd of this month. I'm not as confident as you about my time but its going to be a good experience none the less.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts