Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dunno if anyone is interested but there is a really good running special in Zest this month. I'm having a crack at the half marathon training programme (though my blog looks not much like it at present !!). Worth a look ; personally I love this magazine and this running thing came just in the nick of time - I'm now heavier than I've ever been and desperate to shift some weight :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for this.... if you have any success with the weight loss let me know as I'd love to shift half a stone and have been running since January with little effect on my size!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hi there, yes I bought the mag too and it helped me to start off my training plan although I'm tweeking it a little.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hiya
I've lost 11 pounds so far, though this is mainly due to no longer eating rubbish and training for a canoe marathon !! I'm hoping to do some running whilst in France for a month cos the scenery is so lovely. The programme was pretty tight in Zest and hard to fit around shift work. Why are these things only aimed at people who work 9-5 and assumed to have weekends off :( ??

·
Registered
693 Posts
I missed that issue sadly and really would love to read it, anyone know where I can get a copy?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Liz3yy said:
I missed that issue sadly and really would love to read it, anyone know where I can get a copy?
I have a copy that I have finished with. PM me your addy and I will sent it out to you

Nat

·
Registered
353 Posts
CaveGirl said:
Hiya
I've lost 11 pounds so far, though this is mainly due to no longer eating rubbish and training for a canoe marathon !! I'm hoping to do some running whilst in France for a month cos the scenery is so lovely. The programme was pretty tight in Zest and hard to fit around shift work. Why are these things only aimed at people who work 9-5 and assumed to have weekends off :( ??
Completely agree with you there. I'm a staff nurse doing stupid shifts. I was doing 13 hours shifts so there was no way I could fit in that plan there.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I wouldnt worry about it Smiler, just run when you can and dont focus on fitting around a certain schedule, I would if I worked shifts :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts