Runners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as some of you will have seen I was on holiday for a week last week and didnt get any running done.
On Tuesday I went to the running club and did the 9.something miles and really really struggled. I thought I was just out of shape after a week off but it looks like my body was trying to tell me something.
I went out on Wednesday and took it easy and did a two mile run but still felt like a bus had run over my legs, really painful but I put it down to running the 9 miles the day before.
Yesterday my body stopped making hints and hit me full wack with every muscle in my body aching, headaches and a sore throat!

Today I am meant to be doing a 9 hour drive down to Dover (leaving Scotland at 5pm) and getting the ferry to France for a competition I am taking part in (non running but still racing!). Im sitting hear with a lemsip (which I was annoyed to find they have put Aspartame in!!!) and some Nurofen trying to ease the pain.

Why couldnt it have waited until I came back from France! Grrrr......

O.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Aw no! Arse biscuits!!!

Drinks lots of pure OJ (not from concentrate) and fight through... take the odd paracetamol here and there, and you should be fine. I find lemsip fairly pointless personally, it doesn't really do anything a paracetamol/aspirin doesn't and it tastes bloody awful!!!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Oh O. that is awful also try freshly squeezed lemon and honey (hot) and with any luck it might pass.

I remember you saying awhile back about this race what is it about again?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Awwww Poor O. sorry to hear this.

I hate lemsip makes me gag eek, i have felt like that many times before where your body feels like its been run over by a bus its so tiring just walking when you feel like that.

Hope you get well soon O.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Hope it dosn`t hang around too long Owain.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Getting worried about you RS. Arse biscuits??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
PMSL @ Steve HA HA

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Lol, I really should think about what I post - sounds like you guys aren't au fait with random sayings such as 'arse biscuits', 'cool beans', 'sweet on toast'...

...just me? I thought so... :embarrassed:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Just you Rich ..but it doesnt make you a bad person :p :lol:

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Sorry to hear this O :( Hope you're well enough to compete... you're still going?

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks all, ye Im still going. I dont have a choice, me and a mate are sharing the driving to get down south and we are using my car.
Ive come home from work early and just chilling just now, the nurofen is working well and the lemsip is tasting horrible!
Going to buy a bottle of OJ and drink it on my way.

The racing is Parakart or Kite Buggy racing. Its the European Championships and Im on the Scottish team, should be amazing with 80 kites and buggies all racing round the same course.

Will see you all in a week, unless I manage to get a wi-fi signal from the beach :)

O.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Thanks all, ye Im still going. I dont have a choice, me and a mate are sharing the driving to get down south and we are using my car.
Ive come home from work early and just chilling just now, the nurofen is working well and the lemsip is tasting horrible!
Going to buy a bottle of OJ and drink it on my way.

The racing is Parakart or Kite Buggy racing. Its the European Championships and Im on the Scottish team, should be amazing with 80 kites and buggies all racing round the same course.

Will see you all in a week, unless I manage to get a wi-fi signal from the beach :)

O.
Sounds awesome. I hope you're able to enjoy yourself! I'm driving up from Herefordshire to the Scottish borders to visit family; be much easier if we could just swap places like the agents from the Matrix :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts