Runners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I being thick?

I'm not sure what's going on with the 'latest posts' page but I don't find it so easy to track threads now. So instead of clicking on the bit under my avatar where it says how many new posts since my last visit, I'm having to go to 'Quick Links' and then click on 'Todays Posts'.

Is anyone else having the same confusion...or is it just me? :confused:

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
do you mean the... fact that it now shows a fair few (hundreds in my case) unread posts?

It still shows the posts since your last visit, but also shows:

"The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts."

I can see how it could be useful... as there have been times when I've been called away from the computer and as a result lost the list of threads that I hadn't read... though it is a little intimidating knowing there's 25pages of threads I haven't read! :eek:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
richardsimkiss said:
"The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts."

I can see how it could be useful... as there have been times when I've been called away from the computer and as a result lost the list of threads that I hadn't read
I changed the way the board tracks your unread posts to a better system designed exactly for ^ reason.

Under the previous method you read what you felt like then it timed out, resetting what's to read for next time you visit. This is okay except if you have to wonder off or don't have time to read everything. The new system solves this and a couple of other problems.

Under the quick links is "Mark Forums Read" which lets the board know you've read everything you want to and will stop showing you old stuff. Trinity, doing this should solve the problem you explained.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.