Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
I have a little blue bracelet that I wear for races. It's a little good luck charm.
The other superstition I have is to do with my running shoes. I have a terrible habit from childhood of just kicking my shoes or trainers off my feet when I get in the door without untying the laces. However, I have developed a superstition of making sure that I untie my running shoe laces and leaving them 'open' and ready for the next run. To leave them tied symbolises that I may never run again.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I did have! Went for a woodland run last Wednesday, fell over a pile of rubble with some copper pipe stuck out of it, black swollen knee, cut elbo, bruised chest, really shook myself up, got back to the car, it had been broken into. A running bag that I aquired on a Bluebell trail run had been taken, there were all my race numbers and other sentimental things that I keep in there, plus a brand new pair of shorts not bought in this country. Really p***ed off, hope the b****rds like my smelly sox that were in there too!

Sorry, need to let off steam, need a punchbag, I felt really crap for falling over, someone getting into my car really finished me off that day.

I like a good moan:)

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
I don't have any superstitions or good luck charms what will be will be :d

·
Registered
813 Posts
Thanks TT. I am always careful where I park my car, even if I have to run further to where I want to go. I think everthing just got on top of me that day.........I bet they were men as well!!!!!!!.................oopps, better not provoke, not my nature:d

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Bagpuss said:
Thanks TT. I am always careful where I park my car, even if I have to run further to where I want to go. I think everthing just got on top of me that day.........I bet they were men as well!!!!!!!.................oopps, better not provoke, not my nature:d

Lets hope they develop droopy balls :eek:

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
aww Bagpuss, that's rotten luck... maybe they will see the error of their ways and return it to the spot they took it from...

I know, it's a long shot...

Maybe they will even be inspired and take up running

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I actually try not to have any superstitions or lucky charms because it locks me into behaviour restrictions, and then I panic.

I've come close to having 'lucky safety pins' after having a few really good races with a particular set of safety pins attaching my number to my vest, but I managed to break free from that one

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Bagpuss said:
perhaps the pervs are wearing them now!
Not a nice thought.............

Sorry you had such a bad day BP.

Have a drink.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Three days. Good going

Keep it up.

I`ve had a drink everyday this week. I`ve got a 10k in 10 days,so after this weekend I really should try and go on the wagon for a few days myself.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Dave said:
I really should try and go on the wagon for a few days myself.

I think moderation is the key, or the night before a race go without. I am a real old grump this week not having a drink. Have got a raging sore throat and I think I remember reading that gargling with Jack Daniels is benefical.:d

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Bagpuss said:
I think moderation is the key, or the night before a race go without. I am a real old grump this week not having a drink. Have got a raging sore throat and I think I remember reading that gargling with Jack Daniels is benefical.:d
I can't gargle... I s'pose swallowing would help too though :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts