Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many races have you done this year?

I've done 8 to date and have 3 more planned up to 31/12.

One of our club runners did over 50 last year varying from 5ks to a marathon.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Only the one for me, in fact it's the only one I have ever done. I am booked in for the Bath Half in march next year. I guess I need to find / join a club to really start to do more.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
2 10k`s in the last month,one more on the 19th of this month and maybe a local 5k on Boxing day.

·
Registered
69 Posts
3 so far. Wanted to fit another 10k in before Xmas but am working 7 days a week until then so its not looking likely!

I might do my own 5k and 10k time trials! Actually, thats not a bad idea

·
Registered
813 Posts
3 for me.
My first in all that heat in July, and the last 2 10k's in the last month.
Nothing planned until January..........and its only 8 weeks away!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Eleven so far - which gave me nine MV70 category wins (incl. MV70 Yorkshire X-Country championship), one 2nd over ten miles, and 13th at World Mountain Running Championships in Switzerland.
Three more races scheduled before end of year - one this coming weekend at Halifax, Ravenstonedale on 25th and 'Travellers 6' on Dec 17th.
Cheers!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Runningfox said:
Eleven so far - which gave me nine MV70 category wins (incl. MV70 Yorkshire X-Country championship), one 2nd over ten miles, and 13th at World Mountain Running Championships in Switzerland.
Three more races scheduled before end of year - one this coming weekend at Halifax, Ravenstonedale on 25th and 'Travellers 6' on Dec 17th.
Cheers!
I cant decide if you are an inspiration or a reason never to run again. :d

One thing for sure is that you are an incredible bloke.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Dave said:
I cant decide if you are an inspiration or a reason never to run again. :d
One thing for sure is that you are an incredible bloke.
I live and spend my time in some beautiful areas of countryside where running and training is an absolute pleasure - Yorkshire Dales, Lake District, Scottish Highlands and Islands, Cornwall, etc.... Retirement was the best thing that ever happened to me.
Cheers!

·
Registered
111 Posts
This thread is making me think I ought to get myself in gear and enter a race or two. I've not done one yet. I'll stick to my excuse that I live in the sticks and to get to any race would need a few hours in the car each way.

Dave

·
Registered
151 Posts
ran about 10 races this year, with a couple of Xcountries to go.

Where do you live Balibeg? You can't be that far from races.

Runningfox, how long have you been running for?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Ballibeg said:
I'll stick to my excuse that I live in the sticks and to get to any race would need a few hours in the car each way.Dave
You're right. I've just been looking through the Runners World list of races and can't find any in your area. Nearest I can find is the Mull of Kintyre ½ marathon on 27th May. Mind you, there's always the Isle of Jura Fell race - the only race that ever defeated me! Now there's a challenge for you!
Cheers!

·
Registered
111 Posts
If a race defeated the Runningfox then I am staying well clear!

I looked at the half marathon before and may make an entry. At least its only an hour from home!

Dave

1 - 20 of 25 Posts