Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: Read the article in todays Times,as someone who has been completed several marathons and competed in triathlon for over 7 years it sounds despairingly familiar.
If humans were not designed to compete in triathlons,why has the sport increased in popularity since 2000?

Ray

·
Registered
419 Posts
Ray Loughran said:
:mad: Read the article in todays Times,as someone who has been completed several marathons and competed in triathlon for over 7 years it sounds despairingly familiar.
If humans were not designed to compete in triathlons,why has the sport increased in popularity since 2000?

Ray
Good news - we're also not designed to drive cars, watch television or drink beer (although I seem to have an upgrade for that last one) - in fact on a religious not many believe we're not "designed" at all...

It is interesting how the press roll these types of articles out from time to time... although normally they do at least temper the "exercise can kill you" with a healthy element of "exercise is good for you".

I'll let you know more after next week's tri - are you going to be there?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
London triathlon

No will not be there but i'm sure you will enjoy the standard distance tri.

I plan to do a sprint tri later in the season,Lochgilphead in September is a good one to do.
Shorter swim and longer run which suits me no end!:)

Ray

1 - 3 of 3 Posts