Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Sunday I'm doing my old home town's 1/2m and as a consequence am meeting a couple of old friends and having a family do.

However, the 1/2m clashes with a cross country team event which my current club takes part in and, to make it worse, I manage.

The question therefore is:

Should I feel guilty for missing the cross country? :confused:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Of course not Steve! Its one of those things, I am sure you do enough for your club - chin up and look forward to the race on Sunday - your race that is! Good luck Steve.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Whether you feel guilty or not shouldn't make one bit of difference. Point is, for this Sunday, you've opted for the half marathon, and so you should put yourself 100% into that effort. Don't even remember your club's stuff on that day. And enjoy the old friends and family bit too.

·
Registered
151 Posts
delegate the XC management to another club member for the day, I am sure someone will only be too happy to take the reigns. Good luck for the race BTW.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers all.
Have delegated the xcountry....only hope he doesn't do too good a job! If he does they won't want me back!!

All guilt feelings now gone as I've set up a fair team, for us, so we could do better than normal...again if they do do well I'm redundant!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Good for you Steve, I don't think your services will be redundant...also have a good 1/2m on Sunday and enjoy your time with your friends and family...

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nellie said:
Good for you Steve, I don't think your services will be redundant...also have a good 1/2m on Sunday and enjoy your time with your friends and family...
Cheers Nellie...I just hope it's not as wet and windy as it is now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts