Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, really - I'm being serious... :embarrassed:

I ran for the longest time I ever have today (an hour) and noticed towards the end of the hour I was getting cramp in my toes.

My shoes are really well fitting so I don't think it's that. Is it just that I'm unaccustomed to running for that length of time?

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Cramp is usually associated with electrolyte imbalances. You could try scrunching up your toes and releasing them to improve their mobility as well as arching and flattening your foot. Its best to try and break in new shoes gradually. I made the mistake of running over 5 miles in a new pair last night and they rubbed the boney part of my ankle. It must have irritated one of the tendons in my foot as its uncomfortable to walk today and I couldn't wear my smart work shoes.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, SE. I've not ran today because I aggravated the blisters on my instep running yesterday - but wil certainly try the exercises you recommend tomorrow (hopefully).

I think I'm developing an addiction lol!

Talking of blisters, when I was chatting the the chap in the shoe shop yesterday, he recommened Compeed, has anyone any experience of these?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts