Runners Forum banner

Toe pain

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Steady Edwina 
#1 ·
Grateful for advice; I get intermittent pain on outer side of little toe, left foot only. Can be painful one minute, perfect the next if resting. I can induce the pain by prodding with finger. Is this some kind of neuralgia? How do I get rid of it,first 10K this Sunday.

#3 ·
Thanks for reply, pain at any time but have noticed by experimenting that, as you say, it seems ok if I keep the toe end of my laces looser, worse if I tighten at the toe. Am still prone to "catching" it if I stand the wrong way on my left foot.

#4 ·
I had something similar not so long ago ab1. It had been bugging me for several days and like you,hurt in certain positions or when I prodded it. I thought that it was perhaps just a bit of inflammation so took a couple of anti inflammatory tablets and it sorted it within hours.

#6 ·
Is your toe nail digging in? If it was nerve related you'd be getting pin & needles or a prickling sensation. Inflammation is usually a burning sensation with maybe some redness but there are always exceptions.

#7 ·
Toe nails not digging in; seems to be a peculiarity (?) in that a tight shoe forces my little toe slightly under the next one, inducing pressure on the lateral side of the toe where there appears to be a nerve, or at least something vaguely stringy. Pain can come very quickly, and fade within hours.

#8 ·
Maybe see a podiatrist or chiropodist there might be some simple solution like shoving something between your toes. There are some yoga exercises designed to help spread your toes. Basically involve lifting your toes and trying to place them as far from the foot and others toes as much as possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.